We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toppless at Secrets Capri

Lansing, MI
1 post
Save Topic
Toppless at Secrets Capri

My wife and I are staying at Secrets Capri the last week of April & I'm hearing conflicting reports. Can you go toppless on the beach of secrets capri? It seems odd that you wouldn't be allowed at a adults only resort.

Midwest City...
Level Contributor
498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Toppless at Secrets Capri

I'm sure you can! Not sure about your wife, though.

central Calif
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Toppless at Secrets Capri

You can go topless at any of the beaches there, it is by the pools that many hotels don't allow it.

ann arbor, mich.
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toppless at Secrets Capri

Hi! My husband and I spent a week in Play Del Carmen and we saw many topless women. We also spent a week in thr Rivera Maya and once again alot of topless women. I must say that I WAS SHOCKED AND HUBBY WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. Kris

Valparaiso, IN
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Toppless at Secrets Capri

My husband & I stayed at Capri last July and saw a few women topless only on the far south end of the beach. Don't know if that was the area it was allowed of if that was just the way it happend to be for the week we were there. We never saw any topless women at the pool.

London, England
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Toppless at Secrets Capri

Hi

I must say I am surprised by this whole issue of women going topless!! If you go to the Canary Islands you stand out more if you are covered up! Going topless was pretty standard over there and I must say I was more surprised to see people going bottomless!!!

I have also heard conflicting things though about going topless in mexico as I read somewhere that this can get you into a lot of trouble!!

I normally wait and see what others are doing first before my top comes off as you would not want to get arrested on holiday!!

I will see if I find out anything for you as I am pretty bored at work today!! tee hee!

London, England
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Toppless at Secrets Capri

Hey Lion20

I have been looking at a few sites about laws about topless bathing in Mexico and I have found a few different sites that all say exactly the same thing:

"A strong European influence has made topless sunbathing (normally against the law in Mexico) a nonchalantly accepted practice almost anywhere there is a beach"

I would think this would be ok, but if you get there and no one is sunbathing topless I may be inclined not too!

Also, round the pool it may not be allowed but this may different in an Adults Only place!

I hope this has helped!

Auburn, California
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toppless at Secrets Capri

Secrets Capri is not Hedonism. We have traveled to other resorts in Riviera Maya where some gals were topless by the pool. Resort security kindly asked them to cover up. These ladies were from Hungary. I would agree that topless at the beach would be acceptable but not by the pool. When we traveled to Curacao last November, topless was the norm all over the beaches.