We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Places to Check Out in Playa

MA
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Two Places to Check Out in Playa

Recently tried some new places in Playa and just wanted to put a word in for two that are notable.

For your sweet tooth, La Casa del Chocolate, is an amazing cafe where you can get homemade Belgian chocolates and cakes/pastries. The owner is Belgian and makes incredibly delicious (so delicious, it feels sinful eating one of his creations!) chocolate cakes - my favorite is the chocolate mousse with pear. Light and melts in your mouth. They also make baguettes for 30 pesos so it's a nice light lunch place, too. Location: 4th St. between 5th and 10th Avenues.

For meat-lovers, try the Grillmeister on 10th St. between 10th and 15th Avenues. Here you can get tasty handmade German sausages for a very reasonable price, as well as home-made sauerkraut. Where else in Playa can one find that?! If you want to grill at home, can also buy sausages to take with you. There are other offerings on the menu, but this is definitely a place for carnivores!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Places to Check Out in Playa

Both sound delicious. I can get amazing sausage and kraut here in Chicago, especially in the Polish neighborhoods, but I'll try to remember the mousse when I'm feeling like dessert next trip! Man I love chocolate.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,659 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Places to Check Out in Playa

There can never be too many dessert shops serving chocolate.

MA
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Places to Check Out in Playa

I agree - can never have enough chocolate shops. I was going to Casa del Chocolate daily trying different pastries/sweets. Finally, I ended up buying some cakes to share with friends which worked out pretty well for me since there was some left over!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two Places to Check Out in Playa

Sounds like a combo Carboncitos/Casa del Chocolate evening is in order.

5. Re: Two Places to Check Out in Playa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 22:46