We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for SMALL adults-only all inclusive resort

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
254 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for SMALL adults-only all inclusive resort

I am overwhelmed by the options. I am having a hard time filtering through all of the websites! We are looking for a small adults-only all inclusive resort. When I say small I mean that it doesnt take 15 minutes to get from our room to the beach, not looking for a towering hotel either. Something laid back and very casual. We went to Ceiba del Mar in Puerto Morelos last year and LOVED it, alas the resort has been sold, so seeking something similar. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Fontana, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
247 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Suggestions for SMALL adults-only all inclusive resort

El Dorado Maroma - hands down...great service, gorgeous beach and just

a great laid back, boutique resort with upscale amenities...can't wait to go back and have been there twice ..

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
254 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Suggestions for SMALL adults-only all inclusive resort

Thank you! I just keep seeing so many good reviews of that place. I think we may go for it!

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Suggestions for SMALL adults-only all inclusive resort

Zoetry, El Dorado Maroma, El Dorado Seaside Suites.

Love - if you book ED Maroma do not book the 1 bedroom garden view suite

Edited: 04 March 2012, 00:08
Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Suggestions for SMALL adults-only all inclusive resort

"The beach is lousy and it is really a pool resort. You cannot take long walks, the beach is not continuous but little patches of sand separated by rocks and other stuff."

This is definitely a subjective opinion. I loved the beach at EDR, thought it was exceptionally pretty and I like some rocks on a beach.

Lov - if you haven't booked, The Casitas at El Dorado Royale are currently on sale for the same price as the regular rooms at EDR - this is a weekend sale thought.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Suggestions for SMALL adults-only all inclusive resort

<I loved the beach at EDR, thought it was exceptionally pretty and I like some rocks on a beach.>

That is the first time I have ever read that anyone finds the beach at EDR "exceptionally pretty". We obviously have very different definitions of pretty. I have stayed at the Casitas three times over a five year period and never found the beach anything but mediocre. Different strokes.

Edited: 04 March 2012, 02:37
Black Hills
Level Contributor
346 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Suggestions for SMALL adults-only all inclusive resort

Small, Adults only AI ~ We loved the Catalonia Royal Tulum. On Xpu-Ha Beach which is among the finest in the Riviera Maya. Amazing shoreline. Great walking. Very intimate. Perfect size.

In fact, when we stay in Playa (We rarely go AI but did for our 30th) we've done day passes there we enjoy it so much. We also go to La Playa Beach Club just meters to the south for the day.

Great area, really nice place. Not posh, but just enough. Also has a shuttle bus in and from Playa del Carmen.

halifax
Level Contributor
55 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Suggestions for SMALL adults-only all inclusive resort

Ocean Maya Royale.. all comments look GOOD!!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Suggestions for SMALL adults-only all inclusive resort

<Ocean Maya Royale.. all comments look GOOD!!>

That is over 300 rooms, not a small resort at all.

devon, alberta
Level Contributor
133 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Suggestions for SMALL adults-only all inclusive resort

We have just returned from the Ocean Maya Royale - and it is a very compact resort! In no way would I think that it is large!! We never had a problem with getting a sun bed and the beach though small - you can walk for miles either way down the beach (to a beautiful lagoon/cenote) at Rio Secreto. The food is terrific, the rooms are large and the staff are the hardest working and sweetest we have encountered in the 5 trips to the Mayan! I found it so friendly and the drinks are terrific (maybe that's why I found it friendly!) - I would consider it. Keep in mind - the smaller the resort - the smaller the beach!! I don't know where the 300 rooms are really - didn't seem like that many! If you want something really small - i would consider a boutique hotel but there isn't many of them directly on the beach! Good luck!

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Suggestions for SMALL adults-only all inclusive resort

Yes, different strokes. I hope to have my photos of the beach at EDR uploaded by tomorrow - both my traveling companion and I were surprised by how pretty the beach there was. I'll post the link after I upload them.