We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xcaret vs Xplor

NJ
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Xcaret vs Xplor

Hi All,

We're going to Occidental Xcaret at the end of August with my 15 and 8 yr old.

Was there many years ago, went to Xcaret Park, did the dolphin swim, very cool.

BUT..... now trying to decide which park is better .... Xcaret has the benefit of proximity to the resort, the shark swim (extra $$ but worth it), the butterfly pavilion and the show. Xplor has zip lining (included??) and looks very cool.

So.... fellow tripadvisors, given the choice, where would you go, and why?

Thanks!

Dave

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xcaret vs Xplor

They are very different... But proximity is about the same, your resort is in between both parks. You will also get discounted admission to both parks.

There is much more to do at Xcaret but Xpor might be better for your kids.

Xplor will include food and drink (no alcohol) and all of the activites in the park. The food is not included at Xcaret but you can walk back to the resort and eat when you want to then return to the park.

I would show your kids both web sites to see which one looks more fun to them...

www.xplor.travel

www.xcaret.com

Carberry, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Xcaret vs Xplor

I was at both about a month ago and we perfered the xplor for zip lining and the other outdoor excursions, we also went to xcaret and it was a fun day ,it was really hot so we took advantage of the snorkeling that they offered and the swim areas as well.the show at night was really good as well.with the age group you have i would choose the xplor. great time..

Texas
Level Contributor
270 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xcaret vs Xplor

Just read on the XPLOR website a passport (promotion) to all three parks for $199 including meals. The parks are XELHA, XCARET, and XPLOR.

www.xplor.travel/Xperience-Passport.php

We have been to xcaret and xelha, and enjoyed both. We are going again this summer, and of course want to visit XPLOR. With this $199 offer, I think we will visit all three. Our kiddos are 11 and 15 and seems they will greatly enjoy the different activities at XPLOR.

Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xcaret vs Xplor

Got another option for you. I'm here in Playa right now with my 7 & 8 year olds and we were grappling with the same debate. To solve the problem we went on a private tour with Edventures Tours. To say it was the best vacation day we've ever had is an understatement. We hit Tulum, Dos Ojos cenotes for snorkeling, the Jungle Palace to meet Heidi and her monkeys, Akumal for lunch at La Buena Vida & swimming with the sea turtles, then the lagoon behind Akumal for more snorkeling. The price was so reasonable & our guide Danny, Ed's brother, was fantastic. The entire trip was crafted just for us and we avoided all the crowds. Check them out for sure.

Texas
Level Contributor
270 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xcaret vs Xplor

Sounds like you had a great tour! Can you provide the cost of this tour? What time did you meet guide? How do we contact this tour company?

Thanks. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

6. Re: Xcaret vs Xplor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 10:52