We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook - API problems

lincoln,england
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook - API problems

Just a warning to everyone about the continued problems with Thomas Cook website regarding API info.

It's ridiculous, tried 20 times yesterday, spent 90 mins on hold before my mobile went dead, perhaps the most frustrating day of my life!!

HOWEVER...................

if you search "API Help" on here, Meerkat has posted a link which seems to work!

Hopefully mine is all sorted, but for a company as big as Thomas Cook, this really should be sorted out!

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook - API problems

yep, been trying for a week and a bit, got nowhere, called into my TC shop on sunday, assistant made a phone call and was told there is a problem with the wesite and to keep trying !!!

will have a look at that link, cheers so much,

juby

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook - API problems

sorry, have typed in api help in search thingy and not getting anything ??

lincoln,england
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook - API problems

…thomascook.com/ft/advanced-passenger-inform…

Try this....

London, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook - API problems

Hi Robert, can you tell me, do they confirm they have recieved the information required after you have filled in and sent info or is there something to print off. We dont fly till 11th april but would hate to be told at check-in that they never recieved it. Thanks

lincoln,england
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook - API problems

I don't know, hoping so, i only filled mine in this afternoon.

It's a worry you can do without though - it states on their website there is no guarantee that they will allow you to board without this information.

I only realised I had to do it by chance, there was nothing about it when i booked my tickets in dec, and they have not contacted me to tell me to do it.

I have e mailed them and their automated response told me "you will receive a response in 4 days" - it's disappointing but thats the way things are these days unfortunately.

London, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook - API problems

We got a letter from TC on friday telling us we have to fill it on-line between 3 months and 7 days before we fly and as you say if they haven't the info then no guarantee to fly. Even if you have filled it in how can you prove it without some sort of confirmation if they have lost, mislaid or haven't recieved it.

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook - API problems

Thanks for that link Robert.

I can't believe a huge tour operator like thomas cook cannot get their website sorted for passengers to give this information, I can just imagine the huge queues at checkin if they don't sort it soon.

cheers,

juby

Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook - API problems

I'm assuming this applies to all airlines - told nothing by Thomson!

Edited: 20 January 2010, 19:02
Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook - API problems

Ah just checked Thomson website and it goets done automatically at check-in - phew!

Llandudno U.K.
Level Contributor
156 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook - API problems

Hi,

When we flew with Thomson's last month to the Canaries we had to do it. The details were sent in the booklet with the tickets 2 weeks before.

Also we did it last June when flying to Rome with Jet2