We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ek balam, coba

Glenview, Illinois...
Level Contributor
38 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Ek balam, coba

We are spending one night in Valladolid and were wondering if it would be too much in a day to do both ek balam and coba before returning to PDC. We will be driving.

I do understand that we will be backtracking a bit, as ek balam is north of Valladolid.

I also understand that there is a monkey preserve near coba?

Mentioned in this post
Valladolid
Valladolid
Yucatan, Mexico
3 replies to this topic
Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ek balam, coba

It's very doable. Ek Balam is less than 30 minutes north of Valladolid and very much worth any kind of backtracking. Trust me, you are in for a treat. Go early so you don't arrive in Coba after all of the tours arrive. I can't tell you much about the monkey preserve. Go to youtube and type these destinations in and view many videos. There's probably one on the monkeys. Have A Blast!

Mentioned in this post
Valladolid
Valladolid
Yucatan, Mexico
North East England...
Level Contributor
188 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ek balam, coba

I love Ek Balam over coba better art in the king burial room and u can climb that temple it less visited too bit like Chechen Itza without all the sellers vendors people

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ek balam, coba

Ek Balam is special. You can climb "pyramids" at both sites but Ek Balam has much more to see.

.An amazing journey for you. Enjoy.

Reply to: Ek balam, coba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted