We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

order of roads in Merida

Atlanta
Level Contributor
449 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
order of roads in Merida

I cannot find any information on the order of the roads in Merida. Not so much the centro but a little North. As I look at my map it seems the numbers jump all over the place. If anyone can simplify this a little I will be so grateful. Thank you.

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: order of roads in Merida

Ha ha ha!! This one made me laugh!!! My faborite is Brisas where you get completely illogical addresses like Calle 57 between 18 and 68. You are driving around, going "WHAT?!?"

Each Colonia has it's own numbering system and it is CRAY-ZEE trying to find anything logical in the way it is set up. You just have to do trial and error exploring or ask for specific directions in specific areas!! Good luck!!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,320 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: order of roads in Merida

Thr subject made me laugh also. What order of roads in Merida ?

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: order of roads in Merida

The only place streets are logical is downtown!!

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: order of roads in Merida

So, basically within the neighbourhood the numbers will be even north to south & odd east to west.

The problem is that when you go from one neighbourhood to another, say Colonia Mexico to Itzimna, you lose that sense of sequence.

Sorry, that's just the way it is.

Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: order of roads in Merida

Really... order? of roads in Mexico? hilarious....

Atlanta
Level Contributor
449 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: order of roads in Merida

Thanks to all. At least I understand why I will get lost, lol. Glad I could give y'all a chuckle. :)

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,320 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: order of roads in Merida

Dont worry, as a Mexican friend always says, I am not lost, I am somewhere. And , I often enjoy being lost.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,338 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: order of roads in Merida

today, coincidentally, I was checking out the Merida restaurants the NYTimes recommends - and they're all on Calle 3 and 14th (just an example, but all low numbers). I have no clue where any of those streets are - figuring up in high rent district near where the Madam (500) lives.... Chances are slim I will schlep up there from Centro on a bus!

"Dont worry, as a Mexican friend always says, I am not lost, I am somewhere."

good one - I will have to remember that.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,320 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: order of roads in Merida

I might accidentally find those restaurants on the bus, evening. Sometimes I get on the wrong bus and just stay on until the end of the line. Often the drivers dont even charge me another 6 pesos ha ha. And I see much of Merida I might have missed.

10. Re: order of roads in Merida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2013, 15:48
Get answers to your questions about Merida