We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Class Bus from Cancun Airport to Progreso

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
First Class Bus from Cancun Airport to Progreso

Hi, I am going to Mexico in January and was wondering if anybody knows about the first class buses from Cancun Airport to Progreso.

What would the fare be for this bus? I have heard that the buses leaving from the Cancun Airport only go to Meridia then I have to get another bus to Progreso. Was wondering if anybody has done this route before.

Any information regarding my question would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your attention to this matter

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Class Bus from Cancun Airport to Progreso

No first class buses to Progreso. The airport bus (which sometimes is a rather cramped van) leaves Cancun and will drop you off in Merida. Choose the downtown (CAME) bus station as from there you will be able to switch terminals and catch another, much more modest bus to Progreso.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,101 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Class Bus from Cancun Airport to Progreso

And of course, you can take the ADO airport shuttle to the Cancun station, from where there are frequent first-class (and above) departures to Merida CAME.

Full details can be found in many of the old forum threads.

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First Class Bus from Cancun Airport to Progreso

Thank you so much for your reply I appreciate it. Sounds like from the Cancun airport it is better to go to the Cancun bus terminal and get a more comfortable ride.

Thanks!!

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First Class Bus from Cancun Airport to Progreso

Thank you so much for your reply. I shall go to the Cancun Bus Terminal and get a better bus to Meridia. Do you happen to know the cost of the buses, I would be traveling on a first class bus as I have a disability and need leg room and comfort.

Thank you for your reply and I will check out older threads to gather more information as well.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,344 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Class Bus from Cancun Airport to Progreso

Be sure to refer to it as "Merida" when you buy your ticket.

If I can generalize, Mexicans are very forgiving about mangling Spanish and get what Im trying to say often - but they may not know where you want to go if you call it "Meridia"

suitcaseready.com

Edited: 16 November 2011, 22:40
Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Class Bus from Cancun Airport to Progreso

you can find the prices on the Ado website.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,840 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Class Bus from Cancun Airport to Progreso

Also , when going to Merida, you may be given a choice of terminals. The main terminal is ADO Came.

If you need extra legroom, the best choice is either ADO GL or Platino. Both have extra legroom and the Platino has roomier seats with a leg rest. If you use first class, try for the first row or the second or third rows. All have more legroom.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,314 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Class Bus from Cancun Airport to Progreso

Some useful pictures here

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

London ON
Level Contributor
295 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Class Bus from Cancun Airport to Progreso

There is a very good article on taking the bus to/from Cancun/Merida on the www.yolisto.com/ site under 'articles'.

10. Re: First Class Bus from Cancun Airport to Progreso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2012, 15:48
Get answers to your questions about Merida