We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celestun in Nov

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Celestun in Nov

Re-posting from the Yucatan Peninsula forum:

Has anyone been to Celestun towards the end of November? I want to know if this will be a good time to see flamingos. We may even stay overnight if this time of year is good for flamingo viewing so we can get out early in the morning versus arriving at noon via tour from Merida...any suggestions in terms of lower to mid-range hotels? Any suggestions of good eats in town would be welcomed as well. Thanks!

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
157 reviews
1. Re: Celestun in Nov

Celestun is a bit ragged around the edges, although some find it charming. The beach, however is very pleasant and since it is a fishing port, you will eat fresh fish and it is very good indeed. If there is boquinete, ask for one fried whole.

For more info on Celestun, check out YucatanToday's complete article: http://yucatantoday.com/en/topics/celestun

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
155 reviews
2. Re: Celestun in Nov

I would just do a day tour to Celestun. You can use public transport (bus). When you arrive in Cestelun ask someone at the boats about a boattrip for the flamingoes. Not sure about November but we went there twice. Once in September and we saw a lot of flamingoes and once in October and we saw only a handful. The trip was still nice though.

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
157 reviews
3. Re: Celestun in Nov

Also, if you want to splurge, stay at the EcoParaiso hotel which is gorgeous and they have excellent bird watching tours directly from the hotel.

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
4. Re: Celestun in Nov

Thank you all...I've decided on a daytrip from Merida. If we love it, we might go back for an overnight stay in the future.

We'll be in Merida in two days- so excited! It'll be my 2nd visit to the city.

5. Re: Celestun in Nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2012, 15:50
Get answers to your questions about Merida
Recent Conversations