We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber and Cabify Problems

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
193 reviews
Uber and Cabify Problems

I brought an unlocked phone with me and got a telcel SIM. I had set up an uber a couple of months ago at home but never had the need to use it. Now when I try to use it, I get a msg that they aren't able to complete the transaction. Someone suggested cabify so I downloaded the app and set up an acct using the Mexican phone number. However it won't accept my Canadian credit card number, something about not being able to validate it.

Anyone else have similar problems? We usually end up walking a block or 2 to find a taxi which is usually ok but sometimes not so convenient. When we leave next Sunday we will need to go to the ADO bus terminal and I'd prefer to have someone pick us up rather than wandering the street with our bags.

Alternative is to call a taxi. While we do speak some Spanish, I find it difficult on the phone.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Susan

2 replies to this topic
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,390 posts
157 reviews
1. Re: Uber and Cabify Problems

I have been using Càbify often and find their service is excellent plus the fact that they are legal and can operate anywhere without worries. However, as far as I know here, they will not accept my credit card and only accept my PayPal. While it is not my payment preference, I went ahead and used it so that I could have their good service versus Uber

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
193 reviews
2. Re: Uber and Cabify Problems

How odd! Well that may be what I have to do. Thanks.

Susan

Reply to: Uber and Cabify Problems
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Merida
Recent Conversations