We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report April 13 - 20

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
475 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report April 13 - 20

Another wonderful trip to the island. We stayed at the Villa Vera Hotel. This was our second time staying there the again the was very relaxing and the staff made us feel very welcome. Although I still like staying downtown like we did last November close to everythings. Since we were a little out of town we did take advantage of trying some of the small local restaurants. The grilled chicken and rosted pork at KashKeKen was awesome and so inexpensive. We also finally tried Seso Loco which is located at the end of the street. Grilled grouper with garlic and vetables for around 100 pesos. It was a large filet of fish and cooked perfect. We will definatelay go back on future trips. Other restaurants we went to that i have to mention:

Fredy's on Hidalgo - nice light shared dinner, guaquamole, tortill soup and nachos. The owner Fredy and his wife were so friendly.

Soggy Peso - Sunday rib combo, 1/2 rack of ribs, grilled chicken and smoked sausage, cornbread and corn/bean salad. If you've had them you know what I am talking about when I say they are great. The added entertainment from Freddy, Daniel and YoYo make the place.

Mango Cafe - go for breakfast you will not be disapponted. Coconut french toast, eggs benedict, breakfast quesadilla. They all are great.

Barlitos - great bagel sandwiches. and Tiffany is always so energetic. Ask her about the art/craft shows she is now heading up in the town square once a month. It's getting bigger each time.

Roosters - another great breakfast. Chiliques and banana bread french toast. very sweet.

LaLomita - Although not as good as I had hoped for, the place is still worth checking out. My friend had the coconut shrimp where the shrimp was butterflied so there was too much breading in out opinion.

Bahia Tortuga - we did not eat there but it is one of our favorite places. The owner and bartenders JJ & Emilio are so friendly. They welcomed us back as soon as they saw us walk in. The live music was a bonus.

Pita Amore - small place with good inexpensive food. the owner cooks the pitas on a food cart you might see on the street. I had the curry chicken with sauteed mushrooms and garlic. mmmmmm.

I know there are more places I should mention but there was not bad meal all week.

From there we went to Puerto Morelos for 3 days. I'll write a review on their forumn later.

Thanks for all who made suggestions and hope my reviews will help keep these great places busy.

ft worth
Level Contributor
977 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report April 13 - 20

Thank you! needed the report fix...i made notes, so many of the places you mentioned are on my short list...thanks for taking the time!

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report April 13 - 20

Pita Amore is so good ,we came here 2 times in a week .

3. Re: Trip Report April 13 - 20

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Isla Mujeres