We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip - Christmas having difficultly deciding between..

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Topic
First trip - Christmas having difficultly deciding between..

Privilege Aluxes and Ixchel. Normally, AI would be my choice, hands down. But I am spoiled and like good service, top shelf liquor and good food. While PA's all inclusive charge is not huge = $40 a day pp, so far the best price I can find, I am thinking for drinks and lunch, it may not be such a good deal. Especially if I have to purchase a gold wrist band for top shelf at $25 more a day - which brings us to $65.

On the other hand, the property and rooms look great and I find the pictures to be very attractive. I am looking at ocean front deluxe. My biggest issue right now is that the pool is not heated. My 11 year old spends his whole vacation in the pool and if that isn't possible it is a NO GO. Anywhere we stay must be kid friendly and have other kids.

While I loathe the idea of having a kitchen, which means I will buy groceries - snacks and drinks at a minimum, Ixchel does have a heated pool.

Thoughts...

Thanks!

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
880 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First trip - Christmas having difficultly deciding between..

SkiJax - just an FYI. The road between PA and the beach is no longer dirt. It was paved when we were there in February/March.

USA
Level Contributor
860 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First trip - Christmas having difficultly deciding between..

But was it paved all the way to Nautibeach's gate??? : )

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
819 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First trip - Christmas having difficultly deciding between..

I think I liked it with just dirt tbh. Will see it in person on Wednesday and take a pic :)

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: First trip - Christmas having difficultly deciding between..

SkiJax,

Thank you for confirming my assessment of our choices. While I am not happy with the food situation at IB - PA just won't cut it. And we were planning on eating out everyday anyways.

I appreciate it!

Jayne

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,491 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: First trip - Christmas having difficultly deciding between..

"...Ixchel has heated pools..."

Only one pool is heated, which is by Phase II. The other one is unheated though it's in the sun all day so the water isn't too bad. But regardless of which building you end up in, it's certainly not a hardship to walk to the heated pool.

16. Re: First trip - Christmas having difficultly deciding between..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Isla Mujeres