We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Mujeres, whale sharks in June

cayman islands
Level Contributor
156 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Isla Mujeres, whale sharks in June

Hi, I've been reading messages here for a week, and it seems the chances of seeing whale sharks the first week of June is iffy, is that accurate. It will be my sons 18th birthday and then he's off to college, so this is the only week we can all go. We live in the Caribbean so we get to dive, snorkel and enjoy the beauty of the beaches and water, although we still love other destinations, but the primary goal for us will be to swim with the whale sharks. We're a family of 5, so it's not an inexpensive jaunt, I'm trying to gauge the reality of our actually getting to swim with them the first week of season. Any and all comments welcome. Thanks. Island Mom.

cayman islands
Level Contributor
156 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Isla Mujeres, whale sharks in June

Thanks!

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
135 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Isla Mujeres, whale sharks in June

We just booked with On Isla Mujeres as well for May 28th. This is crossing something off our bucket list, so hopefully there will be some of them out there!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Isla Mujeres, whale sharks in June

You are going to love it! We really enjoy watching first-timers and listening to their delighted screams of OMG! through their snorkels. It's the most fun I've ever had while wearing a wetsuit. Take a look at this magnificent creature:

…photobucket.com/user/DMartin216/media/Isla%…

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
135 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Isla Mujeres, whale sharks in June

Wow, that is awesome DM! We were assuming that the old season (starting in June) was still holding true, so we were pretty bummed we were going to miss it by a couple of days. We travel to Mexico a lot, but almost exclusively during the high season, so this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I will be one of those people shouting OMG, along with a whole host of expletives!

15. Re: Isla Mujeres, whale sharks in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Isla Mujeres