We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartments Trinchan

New England
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Apartments Trinchan

I am looking at these apartments on Isla Mujeres Budget Rentals, as well as others including Pia's and Maria Leticia. The rates for Trinchan seem almost too good to be true. Does anyone know anything about these rentals? In a search of another forum from 2009, I read they were dirty and insecure, but I wondered if perhaps they have changed management?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,173 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartments Trinchan

Maria Leticia is a gem but if you're planning on going in high season you won't get a room. The apartments are spotless, some have little balconies overlooking the courtyard (filled with plants) and one has a huge terrace overlooking Juarez (room 10, I believe). I think Nibardo still runs it and runs it well. He's very nice, speaks English, and you can call him to ask about availability. It's minutes to the beaches, and of course all the restaurants are right there as it is in centro.

BTW, I don't know if you saw my response to your other post on Villa Estrella but yes, that house is on the airport strip and right next door to Luna de Miel.

2. Re: Apartments Trinchan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 April 2013, 16:59
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,173 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartments Trinchan

Ok, it really makes no difference to me one way or another about Villa Estrella since I don't even know them, but to be fair, many people, including hotels, post pictures from all around the island, not only of or from their property. I don't think they were being dishonest at all.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartments Trinchan

They were remodeling and doing alot of work at Trinchan when I was there, I saw one room and it looked quite nice. I don't think it would be dangerous to stay there.

New England
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartments Trinchan

Thanks Laura,

It seems so nice and they are such a good value...

canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartments Trinchan

I tried to rent the Trinchan for Jan and Feb of 2014 and said they were fully booked already budget rentals did give me some other options to consider

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartments Trinchan

My friends rented at Trinchan in Feb. They were in #2. There was a kitchen/living room combo and a bedroom behind that. The bathroom was off the bedroom. Everything appeared clean. It was definitely basic. They felt safe there. The gate was locked at night. I thought it was a great value for the price.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartments Trinchan

We stayed there early April 2013 and loved it so much that we booked an extra night. It was basic but spotless and well equipped with kitchen facilities. Two minute walk from the beach, cheap, friendly - can't rate it highly enough!

PS In terms of safety, I worry endlessly (needlessly, my boyfriend would say) about this and felt perfectly safe here! Main gate is locked at night and doors to apartments locked securely. I felt totally confident walking to and from the apartment alone at night and when in the apartment alone. There is also a safe if you need one.

9. Re: Apartments Trinchan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Isla Mujeres