We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran Cancun<>Isla Mujeres

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
426 posts
239 reviews
Save Topic
Catamaran Cancun<>Isla Mujeres

Could someone recommend a catamaran company they've used in the past, to sail from Cancun to Isla Mujeres for the day? Just 2 of us, so likely has to be a public/group tour instead of a private charter. I looked at several catamaran websites; can't really tell which one is better. I searched the Isla forums but the hits were either out of date or for private charters. Would prefer an outfit that would give us a few hours free time so we can rent a golf cart and go around the island. Thanks in advance for your info.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,401 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamaran Cancun<>Isla Mujeres

If the point is to get to Isla and be able to spend some time, why not just take the ferry?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran Cancun<>Isla Mujeres

Check out magictours here:

magictourscancun.com/web/… TO ISLA MUJERES

Catamaran tour to Isla is around 68 dollars a person, according to that website. Magic Tours was recommended by one of our posters just last month and you can read about it here (Post # 3)

tripadvisor.com/…38468620

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamaran Cancun<>Isla Mujeres

IT-Expert, I see you are from Albany. I grew up in Syracuse! I am sure after a CNY winter, you will enjoy your time on Isla!

There is a new charter company with very nice catamarans. It is Induna Charters. They just had their maiden sunset cruise last week. We were hosting an art show, so we couldn't go but several of our friends who live on Isla went & said it was awesome. The captain, Storm is a great guy & has several boats. His email is indunacharter@yahoo.com & his local cell is 998-577-8877.

Stay warm up there in Albany & if you go to Syracuse or Troy have a Dinosaur BBQ pulled pork sandwich for me with a side of fries & beans!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamaran Cancun<>Isla Mujeres

WolrabRoil, is that a private charter or a public tour that the OP could join?

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
426 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catamaran Cancun<>Isla Mujeres

Thank you all for the info! @BrooklynBrdge; that is a valid question, why not the ferry. I’m hoping the Catamaran ride will add another dimension to the visit for my family. Perhaps on another trip, we’ll try the ferry.

@travelernewyork; thanks for the links. Looks like one of those options listed on magictourscancun will work.

@wolabroil; I believe we just had the warmest season in about 100 years. It’s certainly been the least amount of snow in 100 years. Here in Albany, it’s snowed just ONCE the entire season, for about 8 inches. It was all gone in 48 hours. My grass is green. Crazy. I’ve been to Dinosaur’s in Syracuse many times! We love that place. Sorry to say that the Troy version isn’t as great, but, still worthwhile. Unsure why it tastes different; maybe the recipes are regionalized? I will contact Induna Charters. Thanks!

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catamaran Cancun<>Isla Mujeres

I have been on 2 of the Catamaran tours to Isla with my 20 year old son and his friends......the ones we went on were not "family" friendly. More of a booze cruze. I had fun and the kids loved it....depending on the ages of the family you may want to ask questions about the "activities" that will be going on. We did have a few hours of down time which I loved......it was nice to share Isla with the family.....the kids want more excitement than me though.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
426 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catamaran Cancun<>Isla Mujeres

The 'booze cruze' aspect is fine with us. Maybe even a plus. LoL. My son is old enough. If you don't mind (and if it's not a secret), would you share the outfit/s you used? Thanks in advance.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,150 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catamaran Cancun<>Isla Mujeres

Re Induna Charters...indunacharter@yahoo.com doesn't work as an email address.

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Catamaran Cancun<>Isla Mujeres

It should be indunacharters@yahoo.com I forgot the "s". Sorry for my mistake!

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
426 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catamaran Cancun<>Isla Mujeres

We ended up booking through "www.cancunalltours.com", but it really wasn't necessary. The catamaran owners have plenty of ships and space, and the tour can easily be booked once you're in Cancun, either personally or via your hotel's concierge.

Get answers to your questions about Isla Mujeres