We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

catholic church

Swansboro, North...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
catholic church

kaptaink...read your post..please tell me where this church is !!

i can feel myself sitting there already!!

the hairnazi

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: catholic church

Tell your taxi driver to take you to "La Capilla Catolica." (LA kah-PEE-yah kah-TOE-lee-kah) The Catholic Chapel. It is the Chapel of the Virgin Our Lady of Guadalupe in a neighborhood two-and-a- half miles south of El Centro (downtown) on the Eastern perimeter road that runs along the Caribbean side of the island. Coming south from town, you will pass the lodgings known as Punta Piedra, Casa Luna Turquesa, and Casa Ixchel, then jog left and in less than half a mile, the little church and its cross will be visible on your left... up a steep walkway to the hilltop where the chapel is perched over the sea. If you pass Villa Las Brisas you've gone too far south. 8 AM Sunday Mass is SRO.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: catholic church

Chatelaine. Thanks for the Capilla Catolica location info. We'll make sure to pay a visit next october.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: catholic church

SRO ???? Chatelaine. Can u please tell me what SRO means for the Sunday mass? Thanks.

norwalk ct
Level Contributor
499 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: catholic church

if you go to mass at sundays 7pm service you will come out to the smell of great things cooking just outside the church,bring small money and you can eat all home made mexican food.the square jumps with everyone,mexicans,tourist,old ,very young on sunday nights.say a pray for me and eat,eat,your heart out.

LQ
Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: catholic church

SRO = Standing room only.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: catholic church

LQ. Standing room only!! ok ! Thanks for helping this french canadian here!! I should have thought of that!

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: catholic church

Just to clarify... Treasureman's post about the 7 PM Sunday Mass refers to the main Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception in downtown Isla Mujeres. That church is on the zocalo (town square), where good street food is available after the Sunday evening service. Hairnazi's inquiry refers to the Catholic Chapel (La Capilla), a much smaller facility in a neighborhood a few miles outside of the downtown area.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: catholic church

yes. I had that one figured out. The church on the zocalo I've seen before but now intend to pay a visit to La Capilla. A few more weeks to go..

Get answers to your questions about Isla Mujeres