We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from airport to hotel?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
14 helpful votes
Transport from airport to hotel?
Save

Hello! My partner and I will be traveling to Isla at the end of the month. Wondering what is the best way to pre-book transportation from the Cancun Airport to the hotel (Privilege Alexus)? The hotel offers it but it seems rather expensive- wondering if there is a cheaper and reliable option? Thanks!!

6 replies to this topic
Danville PA
Level Contributor
133 posts
61 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: Transport from airport to hotel?
Save

Yes. There are several companies that offer private van transfers to airport. And most offer excellent service. We have used USA Transfers several times but lately have been using Carm. We just paid Carm $104 for private van from airport to ferry for 2, including RT ferry tx and 2 bottles of water.

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula, Chetumal, Mahahual
Level Contributor
21,543 posts
2. Re: Transport from airport to hotel?
Save

From the airport to the ferry terminal...

Several transfer services always get positive comments on the forum: Canada Transfers, USA Transfers, CARM, Happy Shuttle, First Choice VIP.

Contact them for prices (check their websites), take your pick and make the arrangements -- they'll be waiting for you when you land.

What you have to be careful of... In the airport, don't believe anyone who tells you your transportation has been cancelled so that you have to use theirs. All the ones I've named are reliable.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
181 posts
43 reviews
68 helpful votes
3. Re: Transport from airport to hotel?
Save

USA transfers - you can do everything on line

Request “Sal”

Salvadore

Sal will help you out in any way he can. He has now became a trusted friend and I keep i touch with him using What’s App between trips track and forth

Southwest Michigan...
Level Contributor
561 posts
7 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Transport from airport to hotel?
Save

You should be aware the named (all reliable) companies only transfer you to the ferry dock in Cancun. You are on your own to get to the hotel from the Isla ferry dock, The distance is not great, 5 blocks maybe. There is taxi stand to the immediate left of the ferry dock or you can hire a bicycle guy to take your luggage and you can walk,

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
14 helpful votes
5. Re: Transport from airport to hotel?
Save

That so helpful, thank you!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
14 helpful votes
6. Re: Transport from airport to hotel?
Save

Will check out, thank you!

Reply to: Transport from airport to hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.