We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym for weight lifting

Iowa
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Gym for weight lifting

We will be visiting for a week and one member of our group would like to workout during our stay. His workouts consist mainly of weight lifting, not cardio. I've searched the boards and see old responses about Gym Tonic and Iron Abs. Can anyone give me updated info if they're still open, their costs and opinions about which one would be better for weight lifting? Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym for weight lifting

We worked out at Gym Tonic last week. I think it was $50 pesos ($2.50 U.S.) no AC the front of the building is open to the outside. Weights were good and fairly new equipment. Iron abs also is no AC but I believe a lot older equipment.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,869 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym for weight lifting

Iron abs is more of a hardcore weight lifting gym.

North Syracuse, New...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym for weight lifting

Gym Tonic has a more modern feel with newer equipment. The salty air has taken a toll on iron abs but both gyms will work!

Alice, Texas
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym for weight lifting

I got a month membership to GYM tonic last year. Will use them again this July! It’s get hot but I don’t mind it....

Iowa
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gym for weight lifting

If I recall from a previous visit, isn't there a gym on the street just opposite of Basto's? Right by the grocery store? What is that gym called? It looked pretty nice. TIA

Reply to: Gym for weight lifting
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted