We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailing trips w/Dan Libbert (Dreaming in Blue)

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Sailing trips w/Dan Libbert (Dreaming in Blue)

Does anyone have any experience with taking a day sailing tour with Dan Libbert, I've also seen them called Dreaming in Blue.

Is it a good, safe trip for a family? I've heard good things but would appreciate any additional info.

Rockwood, Michigan
Level Contributor
694 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailing trips w/Dan Libbert (Dreaming in Blue)

It is excellent for everyone. We have gone with a group of people in there 30's all without children and there have always been a family or two with children as well. The children love I think... They get to snorkel, swim, go to a beach and if it is brezy enough they get to take a ride on a spinniker (sail).

We have always had fun and every one talks and has a good time. I have been on it three times now and I am going back in April and might even do it twice while there. It is the best tour for the money they have in Cozumel.

You get lunch which is one of the best meals we have in Cozumel and it is prepared right on the boat, you get drinks and the excursion and I think the price is $70... Can't wrong in my opinion. I think I posted some pictures back a while ago for the trip as well.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sailing trips w/Dan Libbert (Dreaming in Blue)

Good, safe trip for the family is an understatement. It's probably THE best family trip in Cozumel (if the family doesn't dive). Dan Libbert is a class act, as his entire operation, I have personally been on this trip twice with my family, and can tell you that you will enjoy it very much. The boat is very nice, the food & service is out of this world, and the activities will make the trip very entertaining. Book early as he is usually booked solid, specially during peak times (X-mas, New Year, etc.)

Cozumel
Level Contributor
141 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sailing trips w/Dan Libbert (Dreaming in Blue)

Another thumbs up, way up, for Cozumel Sailing! I've been twice and had great times both times.

Sally

Barefoot in Cozumel

Canmore, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sailing trips w/Dan Libbert (Dreaming in Blue)

Does anyone know if this company is still in business. All the posts are old. Thanks.

Chicago Illinois
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sailing trips w/Dan Libbert (Dreaming in Blue)

There still in business and doing just fine .Although I did'nt go in Dec when I was there,I have been twice before and it is your best bet as far as a water excursion, as there is in Cozumel. Family 's are the Norm not the exception. But it can be very loud wit the right crowd but it is not a fury boat with mega people on it, Capt Dan runs a tight ship and will not stand for any foolishness. Best bang for the buck for the whole family.

Oronogo Mo
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sailing trips w/Dan Libbert (Dreaming in Blue)

They are top quality. They are from St. Louis Missouri and the trip is GREATTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! We will be going again in June.They only allow 16 people on the boat so there is alot of room for everyone. Have fun

Ontario
Level Contributor
227 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sailing trips w/Dan Libbert (Dreaming in Blue)

We just got back and did this excursion, we had nasty weather, water was ruff, making the trip to Passion Island a challenge. A couple of the group were sick. BUT, the crew are sooo nice and helpful, not their fault the weather was the way it was. Dan and Karen were not on this run so we didn't get to meet them. Snorkelling wasn't that great but again its because of the weather. The food was fantastic. I still would recommend this trip, but wear your water shoes in the catarman, I had mine off after snorkelling and had a nasty fall. If your afraid at all especially if the water gets ruff and the children are young I would stay in the inner part of the catarman.

They limit it to a small group which is nice.

PA
Level Contributor
662 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sailing trips w/Dan Libbert (Dreaming in Blue)

I too would definitely recommend this trip. We took our kids 10 and 12 this December and had a blast. The kids felt a little queasy though and probably should have taken a motion sickness pill before leaving but we will know that for next time. It is well worth the money. I would recommend taking Deet for Passion Island. Apparently it is not always the same but the day we were there it was extremely buggy. The lunch they prepared was the best meal all week and probably the best fish I have ever had!

Canmore, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sailing trips w/Dan Libbert (Dreaming in Blue)

Thanks everyone. Sounds like a good day all around!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
441 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sailing trips w/Dan Libbert (Dreaming in Blue)

Great Tour. Actually "Dreaming in Blue" is not the name, that is just what a particular board calls it in order to make reservations for commissions. It is Cozumel Sailings Tucan Tour.

Go directly to Dan's site www.cozumelsailing.com and book directly with him. Great crew, great time.