We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting a tattoo in Cozumel

Seguin
8 posts
Save Topic
Getting a tattoo in Cozumel

Wanting to get eye liner tattoo in Cozumel.

Dallas
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting a tattoo in Cozumel

Great idea.

Cozumel is the best place to go for a tattoo.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
568 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting a tattoo in Cozumel

No way. Your kidding right? Don't you have a shop where you live? Only really drunk people get tattoos while on vacation.

3. Re: Getting a tattoo in Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2006, 17:29
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting a tattoo in Cozumel

Thats where I would go, Mexico for a tattoo, Maybe you could get some surgery done while you are there, I believe its cheaper.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting a tattoo in Cozumel

Skier,that was funny..Chigger,if you are from Seguin,Texas,come the short drive into San Antonio,where you can get it done in a more regulated environment..It is your body though...

Alliston, Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting a tattoo in Cozumel

I would not suggest to get a tatoo while on vacation, however it is not because its cozumel, we shouldn't assume that because it is mexico that it would not be up to certain standards. My reasons are that after getting a tatoo you cannot expose it to alot of sun and you definately must avoid any chlorine for at least 4 weeks. Not to mention you need to keep it clean, moisturized and covered for a little while. If you are in Cozumel....SUN, POOLS, and SAND, not a good idea, but only my opinion!

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting a tattoo in Cozumel

Pieman's post is gonna keep me laughing all day!!............and Skier's too. I happened to notice a tatoo place right on my street the other day------on 10th avenue.........but I agree that it would be nuts to do that on your vacation......and your EYES to boot!! Yikes!!

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting a tattoo in Cozumel

There is a tattoo place behind Fat Tuesdays.

I don't think I would do it unless it was right before you come back home and take some dark sunglasses to cover the eyeliner. There was a couple that stayed at the El Coz while we were there in Feb and she had gotten two tattoos while there. If you get a tattoo near where you live and if you need a touch-up (they tell me eyeliner almost always needs a touch-up and my wifes did) they usually don't charge for that but if you don't go back to Coz for awhile you will have to pay someone in the states for the touch up. Contractor

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting a tattoo in Cozumel

I have 3 tattoo's. There is quite a healing process. Sand, saltwater, sun... I don't know that I would get one on vacation. Especialy on the eyes, it can take 2 to 5 days for swelling to go down and to top that off most people's eyes usually get crusty while it heals. That is your face you are talking about and if it gets screwed up are you going to be able to get it fixed?

Do that at home. Before you go or after. And I would look at having it performed at a plastic surgeons office or by a nurse or Dr. to get the most satisfactory outcome.

Unless of course some people like and have the piercings and tattoo's all over. Guess it depends what you are into and how you want it to look. :)