We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What should we NOT miss??

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Level Contributor
338 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
What should we NOT miss??

Coming to Coz next week and don't want to come home and say, "Oh, I wish we did...." Please fill me in on what all we need to see and do before leaving. I did read the square is "alive" on Sunday nights so we plan on doing that. Anything else besides snorkeling??

Thanks....

Janet

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What should we NOT miss??

Depends on what you like, but for us the "don't miss" places would be...

Chankanaab National Park

Faro Celarain Eco Park (Punta Sur)

San Gervasio Mayan Site

Cozumel's Island Museum

Discover Mexico

The wild and pristine East Side of the island

Also, you might consider a trip on the SubSee Explorer...

aquaworld.com.mx/cozumel-subsee-explorer.html

By the way, have you been properly warned about the TimeSharks at the airport and some resorts?

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What should we NOT miss??

Janet there is so much to do on Cozumel that we have been going for 7 years and still have things on our list for next summer and don't know how to fit it all in during the week !

Make sure you take a day to take it all in and write notes each night so that when you do your next trip there - you can refer back. Because if you love it as much as so many of us - there will be a next trip.

Have fun !

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What should we NOT miss??

Palancar Gardens & Columbia Deep

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What should we NOT miss??

We loved everything about Cozumel but our most memorable day was the trip on the Tucan! Our kids talk about it often so it must have been good!

PA
Level Contributor
616 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What should we NOT miss??

If you are bringing the kids, I would say they would love renting a VW bug convertible and touring the island own your own, stopping at Paradise Beach with its water toys, Punta Sur for the light house and crocs and beautiful beach, Corona Beach and the Money Bar to snorkel on your own, Coconuts with the view and all the animals, stopping on the east coast to jump waves and look for shells. That would probably take you two days, depending on how long you stay at each place. They might also enjoy the San Gervasio ruins even though they are small.

And best of all......with or without the kids - you SHOULD do the Tucan sailing which will take all day but is WELL worth it.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What should we NOT miss??

"If you are bringing the kids, I would say they would love renting a VW bug convertible and touring the island own your own, stopping at Paradise Beach with its water toys, Punta Sur for the light house and crocs and beautiful beach, Corona Beach and the Money Bar to snorkel on your own, Coconuts with the view and all the animals, stopping on the east coast to jump waves and look for shells. That would probably take you two days, depending on how long you stay at each place. They might also enjoy the San Gervasio ruins even though they are small.

And best of all......with or without the kids - you SHOULD do the Tucan sailing which will take all day but is WELL worth it."

Yes, what they said. Make sure you get out and eat at all the good restaurants in town. You shouldnt have too much trouble finding ones that suit your taste. Lots of post of the favorites in here.

Also, hit Mescalitos for fish tacos with the kids. They have hammocks, and a great beach for kite flying. Coconuts for the view and other things.

Before I go, make sure you eat at La Choza, especially if bringing the kids. They will love the fish or chicken, and you will love the shrimp.

The Tucan is something I would do, although I havent tried it yet, its on my must do list. Have fun, and if your kids are old enough, the ruins will be fun (but get a guide) its not near the enjoyment if you dont know what your looking at.

Again, have fun

Art

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What should we NOT miss??

All the above . I especially loved the "wild and pristine" east side. Spectacular scenery.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What should we NOT miss??

Diving or snorkeling (obvious), as many have said drive the east side, Empandas at Del Sur, margaritas at Wet Wendy's, Sunday night in the square and about a 1000 other things. See where the term Cozoholic comes from, as Texgal said there is always something on the list that is unchecked.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What should we NOT miss??

Tucan is on my list for this summer !!!! So is trying Punta Molas with Adrian.

texas
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What should we NOT miss??

Yep- museum, corona beach to shore snorkel, a boat to snorkel palancar, chen rio on the east side because it has a safe little bay for the kids (good seafood platter), coconuts for drinks and view. DEFINITELY the Tucan!

Please don't swim with the dolphins or take a horse carriage ride.

Edited: 11 December 2009, 01:59