We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to wear

Texas
Level Contributor
20 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
what to wear

Hello fellow travelers, my husband and I are going to Mexico for the first time on November 4th. We will be staying in the Occidental Grand Cozumel. I do not know what to wear for dinner in their restaurants. Since it is fall here in states, we know longer wear light colored clothing. Do they follow same rules? Do the women wear white clothing, shoes, etc? Do I need dresses for evening meals?

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to wear

This is a matter of personal style and comfort. Only bring comfortable clothes!

Days will be hot and nights warm to cool, depending on the wind direction and velocity. I'd advise you to leave white at home -- not because it's inappropriate, it's fine -- but because it may become a problem white soils easily and shows every speck of sand & dirt. You should bring lightweight clothing that you can mix and layer plus a light sweater, jacket or wrap for cool evenings.

Coz is casual. Shorts for day. Casual pants, skirt or dress in the evenings. Nothing fancy. For men, a polo shirt or short-sleeved shirt and chinos is as dressy as it gets.

Don't bring too many leather shoes -- one pair will do it. Leather doesn't do well in the humidity and it might be downright wet out. It's fine to wear nice flip-flops to dinner if the rest of your look isn't "wore this at the beach today" -- if you know what I mean.

Happy Travels!

Texas
Level Contributor
20 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to wear

Many thanks. I truly appreciate info.

Ohio
Level Contributor
926 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to wear

The evening buffet is casual, though some dress nicely for it. If you have dinner at one of the two ala carte restaurants, there is a dress code, but mostly concerning not wearing beachwear, like sandals or flip-flops. Men are expected to wear closed shoes. Many folks choose to make it a dress-up night, which can be fun, but some don't want to be bothered on vacation, so with the buffet there's something for everyone. Like Deb said, it's about comfort, do what you want, it's YOUR vacation!!! Mo

4. Re: what to wear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 11:49