We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Square in San Miguel - music?

Grand Rapids...
7 posts
Save Topic
Square in San Miguel - music?

Which nights is there music in the square in San Miguel? Is there a schedule published somewhere?

7 replies to this topic
Texas
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Square in San Miguel - music?

https:/… Here's a music schedule for various places on the island.

https:/… This is on Facebook from time to time. Can't promise that it happens every Sunday.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Square in San Miguel - music?

I don't recall seeing much going on in the square except on Sundays.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,774 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Square in San Miguel - music?

There is some sort of music in the square 3-4 times a week. It just varies. Around 7 or 8, there is a wate/music show that is very nice.

Grand Rapids...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Square in San Miguel - music?

Again, is there a schedule published somewhere? We'll be staying at the Residencias Condos, and it's about a $15 taxit ride into San Miguel. I don't want to plan a trip into the town square unless I know for sure ahead of time that something will be going on that particular night.

Last November, my husband and I were in Cozumel, we heard that on Sunday nights there's music in the square, so we planned our Sunday evening around that. Turned out there was no music in the square that night due to some kind of Halloween type event for the local children going on in the square. Although we found it cute and adorable to watch the children dressed in their costumes and exchanging candy, we were caught by surprise thinking we would be hearing live music instead.

I would be happy to reach out to a local office to find a schedule of events if I knew where to start.

Thanks

Edited: 21 September 2017, 19:01
Texas
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Square in San Miguel - music?

When it's close to your visit or when you're there go to Cozumel 4 You on Facebook (you don't have to be a member) and ask. Or you can just go to the plaza and if there's no music -there are at least 3 or 4 places in town that will have live music.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Square in San Miguel - music?

Woody's is right there on the corner of the square. They WILL have music on Sunday nights. So, if you go, and there isn't a band on the square, you'll be right there, where there is music. You can sit at the edge of Woody's and you'll be listening to music on the square ;-)

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Square in San Miguel - music?

On the Square this past Sunday night, darn the luck. Hope they are there next month!

https:/…

Reply to: Square in San Miguel - music?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted