We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which All Inclusive Resort?

Kansas, USA
Level Contributor
341 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Which All Inclusive Resort?

Hi I am trying to find an AI that best suits us traveling as a couple in January. I have been looking at Sunscape Sabor, Allegro, Occidental, Iberostar, and Melia. We are looking for a nice resort with a nice stretch of beach that you can walk further than the end of your resort. We would also like nightly entertainment/dancing, gym, yoga, decent food, swim up bar and comfortable beds and not too noisy with roads nearby. Also if there is a resort with restaurants/bars within walking distance or close to town or things to do nearby. Any suggestions would be great! TIA Also heard that Sunscape is under construction if so does anyone know when that will be finished, don't want to go where we can't relax with all the noise, thanks!!

Ang

31 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
982 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

Bear in mind that Playa Azul costs about the same as Iberostar, and you can add about $100.00 per day, per person to go AI. I do have to say that I do love their food though.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
59 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

The Melia has a nice beach, you can walk down towards the El Cozumeleno, and walk past it by some houses. So you can get a good walk in on a fantastic beach. We have even walked after dinner with the moon as our light and talked to some nice men fishing from the shore. You can walk to town but it's a long walk! The taxi is approx $8 to town. The food is pretty good. You can always go to town for dinner /entertainment a couple of the nights. They have some nightly entertainment also. I suggest staying in the tower, premium rooms. Nice rooms, comfy beds, and a beautiful view of the water and sunset. They have a swim up bar, didn't go to the gym. The staff is fantastic! Sometimes the water isn't clear in front, but sometimes it's clear. Love swimming in the warm ocean! We are going for 2 weeks next January/February!

Kansas, USA
Level Contributor
341 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

Thanks for the replies once again and I will check out the other resorts mentioned! Any other recommendations are great thanks! Also was looking at Casa Mexicana if we do the split resorts, has anyone stayed there?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

There's 54 recent comments about Casa Mexicana on Facebook on Cozumel 4 You. Just use the search bar on the left of their page. I am unable to copy and paste here.

Edited: 21 September 2017, 02:44
Texas
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

CM is noisy, has a postage stamp sized pool and no water access to speak of. But a lot of people like it there.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

Casa Mexicana isn't a "resort" by any stretch of the imagination. I'd imagine it'd be great for a city experience, but it's not a resort.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,504 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

I have priced it a few times (traveling alone) when trying to attend the air show & each time there was little to be saved over staying at Hotel Cozumel (which was the home base for the air show). Ones a hotel & the other is a resort with several amenities I like to have but could do without if the price justified it. That said I've dove with several people who do stay at Casa Mexicanna & are happy with it & the included breakfast, which is ranked as best on the island. It isn't all inclusive but there are countless great restaurants within walking distance. You will need to decide just what you're looking for & what you can do without to narrow this down.

Kansas, USA
Level Contributor
341 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

Ok thanks for the help, I will check out a different resort. That doesn't sound like something we would enjoy. thanks again

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

I'm pretty sure that Hotel Coz is the only resort in the town. El Cid and Grand Park Royal are pretty close. You'll have lots of cruise ships, but I didn't find them bothersome. The food at El Cid is really, REALLY good, too. Bar (there's only one) closes early though, 10 pm, IIRC.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

Playa Azul is as close to town as El Cid & Park Royal...but it's t'other way (north).

Reply to: Which All Inclusive Resort?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted