We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which All Inclusive Resort?

Kansas, USA
Level Contributor
342 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Which All Inclusive Resort?

Hi I am trying to find an AI that best suits us traveling as a couple in January. I have been looking at Sunscape Sabor, Allegro, Occidental, Iberostar, and Melia. We are looking for a nice resort with a nice stretch of beach that you can walk further than the end of your resort. We would also like nightly entertainment/dancing, gym, yoga, decent food, swim up bar and comfortable beds and not too noisy with roads nearby. Also if there is a resort with restaurants/bars within walking distance or close to town or things to do nearby. Any suggestions would be great! TIA Also heard that Sunscape is under construction if so does anyone know when that will be finished, don't want to go where we can't relax with all the noise, thanks!!

Ang

31 replies to this topic
Texas
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

That's a tough call.I doubt you'll find ALL of those things at an AI resort on Cozumel. Maybe you should stay on the mainland? You can pull up Google maps etc. to see the "beaches" at the resorts you've mentioned. Melia doesn't have a beach like you described. Nightly entertainment often ends by 10 p.m. since many of the guests are divers who get up early. Comfortable beds are also hard to find. Plan on taking taxis some of the time. AI food is always debatable. Take ear plugs.

Kansas, USA
Level Contributor
342 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

I have stayed in Cancun and Playa Del Carmen a dozen times between the both and have only visited Cozumel a few times for a day and wanted to try Cozumel for a change. We rented a jeep for a day and toured the island and loved it. It looks to me like the Sunscape Sabor has the best stretch of beach, we are not into diving or snorkeling so walking, lounging, and sand volleyball on the beach will be a must for us, so no reef and rocky bottom in the water so we can take a dip as well. I know AI food is hit and miss at AI resorts so that is why we would like a resort close to town or restaurants nearby for other options.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

O.K. The best sandy beach at a resort for swimming is going to be the Allegro. There are no resorts close to town that have what you're looking for. Nor are there restaurants near the sandy beach resorts south of town. Sounds like you'll have to compromise.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

In order of beach quality it's Allegro, then the Grand, Iberostar & Sabor. You can walk in both directions from all but Sabor which is on the north end of the beach they all are located along but spread out over roughly 4 miles. If you copy & paste this link you will see photo tours of most of those.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37369441@N07/albums

None of those resorts are close to town, some have nightly entertainment on certain nights but it's considered a bit cheesy by many.

Kansas, USA
Level Contributor
342 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

Ok thanks cicop I will check out the map. It looks like there is Paradise Beach and Carlos and Charlies Beach nearby Sabor and you say it has roughly 4 miles of beach that sounds good and great if those two places you can walk to on the beach. Have you stayed at the Sabor by chance? I will check out Allegro too but looks like the beach is short is that correct?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

I have stayed at the Sabor a very long time ago when it was much smaller & brand new (Feb 98under the name Reef Club) and the beach was much nicer then. Hurricane Wilma took a lot of sand away from it & some (but less from the Iberostar. I stayed at the Iberostar in 2003 & 2004 & the Grand in 2009. My wife prefers to be in town so we now call Hotel Cozumel our home away from home.

Edited: 20 September 2017, 02:03
Kansas, USA
Level Contributor
342 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

I see okay thanks for your help I looked at Hotel Cozumel too and the only thing I didn't like is that it didn't look like the beach is next to the water but on a ledge.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

You are correct in that. It's more of a sand box & the same applies to the Palace. The Palace's is even higher above the water. Until you get down to the southern hotel zone there isn't any big beach area for long walks. (that have resorts right there).

LaPorte, Minnesota
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

We have stayed at Sabor multiple times. Its an easy walk to paradise beach, there's also a Carlos and Charlies next to paradise beach. We have stayed at the allegro, media and also el cozumeleno. Sabor is by far our favorite. Just wish it was closer to town.

Edited: 20 September 2017, 04:59
Ontario
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which All Inclusive Resort?

The beach at Allegro isn't short--you can walk as far as Iberostar one way and to Sabor the other way.

Grand and Allegro have the best beach. The food is similar (not great, but you won't starve). Both are an expensive cab ride to town, but if you only do it once...I think the beds are similar, maybe slightly better at the Grand?? They were hard as nails the last time I was at Allegro, but I think they've all been replaced. There is a swim up bar at Allegro, but not at Grand. You shouldn't hear road noise from any of them.

Reply to: Which All Inclusive Resort?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted