We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2017 Taxi fare chart for Cozumel

Grand Rapids...
7 posts
Save Topic
2017 Taxi fare chart for Cozumel

I understand that taxi fares went up starting around January of this year. All of the taxi fare charts that I found online are old, some a VERY old. I have 7 weeks before leaving on our trip so I'm wondering where I can get a copy of the current fares, perhaps even get one sent to me. I'm not sure where to get one. We are staying at a condo south of town, at Residencia Reefs and plan to take a taxi into town some evenings for dinner. T

Thanks!

Edited: 02 September 2017, 21:05
23 replies to this topic
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: 2017 Taxi fare chart for Cozumel

Are these prices in Pesos or USD?

Thanks

Grand Rapids...
7 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: 2017 Taxi fare chart for Cozumel

Pesos.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: 2017 Taxi fare chart for Cozumel

Unfortunately for me, 2/2 times I had taxi driver tried to overcharge me. First time, driver agreed 120 peso from ferry terminal to my destination(right next to the money bar) but on the way, he insisted that he misheard destination and stated that he needs to charge me more since my destination is actually further away. I have confirmed with my AirBNB host that fare should be 120 peso. On second time, the driver insisted that since my host called taxi for me, she needs to charge me 30 peso extra..

Reply to: 2017 Taxi fare chart for Cozumel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted