We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Aura :)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Aura :)

We are past Secrets guests (not to Cozumel, others), but are arriving to Cozumel on a cruise and want to just spend the day at Secrets.

Does anyone know how far it is from the cruise port?

I am not familiar with the island...is the beach nice at the resort? Can you snorkel off the beach?

Also, would I just take a taxi to get there?

Thank you!

17 replies to this topic
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,520 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Secrets Aura :)

anarock the beach is not a disaster. Ive never stayed there, but we pick people up from there on dive trips all the time. Its ironshore(lava rock), with sand poured on top of it, which is the case on most of Cozumel.

Go to Secrets and have a great time! Get off that ship and stretch your legs a bit. A coworker went there last year and they LOVED it. No complaints about anything, you'll like it. It isn't going to be a fancy as other Secrets that you may be accustomed to, but it is very nice. Enjoy!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Secrets Aura :)

Thanks Duffer!

I will have a great time, I just want to relax somewhere for the day. I've done tours in Mexico before, been there a few times and I just don't want to rush around for the day!

I will be going to Secrets :).

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Secrets Aura :)

I don't need it to be super fancy for just a day....as long as I can have a cold drink by the pool and get something to eat.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,520 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Secrets Aura :)

Here's a suggestion:

When you head to Secrets, have the driver go across the Transversal, then drive down(south) the East Side, and have him end up at Secrets. You'll get a look at the east side of the island, completely different than the west side, definitely worth seeing! Would be a shame to miss it, being so close! The price difference would be minimal, I bet, maybe an extra $10 or so. It takes about...30 minutes, to make that loop. The taxis normally charge $20 an hour, but being close to the cruise pier, they might get $30. We can give you names of a couple drivers, to contact on Facebook, if you desire.

So....they'll probably get $10 or 15, to get you to Secrets. For another 10 or 15, you get the "island tour", complete with a guide who will give you some history. Might I suggest a stop by Coconuts. Highest point on the island, the views are stunning. Quick drink there(cash only), or not, and continue on.

If you so desire...just tossing it out there.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Secrets Aura :)

Now that's a GREAT suggestion. Well worth considering.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Secrets Aura :)

That sounds great! Thanks so much.

I do not mind paying a taxi driver a bit extra, at all.

I don't have to pre-pay for Secrets, so who knows, maybe on the loop I will see somewhere/something I like and just abandon the idea haha.

Conway, Arkansas
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Secrets Aura :)

The pools are nice, the food and drinks are good. There are some loungers set up between the winding pool and the beachfront. If you just want to lay around, Secrets is nice.

Reply to: Secrets Aura :)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted