We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much do drinks cost at the local bars, restaurants in...

CT
5 posts
Save Topic
How much do drinks cost at the local bars, restaurants in...

Afternoon all. I'm goin to Cancun in 3 weeks. I am staying at an All-Inclusive.. but I dont necessarily plan on spending all my time at the hotel. So I will probably visit a few of the bars.. How much do drinks run? Something simple like Rum and Coke.. And how are food prices as well at some of the regular restaurants like Outback, etc.. Thanks

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,788 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much do drinks cost at the local bars, restaurants in...

Food and beverage prices are on comparison with American franchise style restaurants in the Cancun Hotel Zone for tourists and in some cases a bit less for the locals for the most part. The more popular and more upscale places will often be a bit higher in prices. A rum and coke will typically run between the equivalent of $3.50 and $7.00 US depending on the establishment and the type of entertainment if applicable.

Smaller, locally run establishments will usually run towards the lower end and further into Cancun City itself, the prices will drop considerably at most of the places most frequented by locals.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,936 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much do drinks cost at the local bars, restaurants in...

Vodka and cranberry ran about $8 at Corona bar and at Congos. Bahama Mama and Pina Coladas etc c ould be as high as $12 (bigger glasses.

It's can get very expensive. I suggest you take advantage of the cover charges that include drinks. ($30-$50)

CT
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much do drinks cost at the local bars, restaurants in...

Thanks a bunch for all of your information. Good to know.

stoney creek
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much do drinks cost at the local bars, restaurants in...

For sure take advantage of the All you can drink price. The drinks do tend to get a little pricey at times. We went to Carlos and Charlies for dinner and T.G.I.Fridays for dinner last year and our bill both times were about $150 U.S. That was for 5 adults with drinks. Not bad at all. Same if you would go out at home and eat.By the way. Both places had great food and service.