We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recomendations for Family???

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recomendations for Family???

My family is trying to plan a Oct. vacation to somewhere in the Caribbean and one of our choices is Cancun.

Can anyone recommend a resort to stay at that is centrally located, has a great beach and family oriented?

We LOVED Sun Palace when my husband and I stayed there but it is Adults only. The Beach Palace is quite expensive for our travel time. We really like the Palace resorts because you could stay at one but got to use the pool and restaurants at any of them. (ie Cozumel, Isla Mujeras, Playa etc.)

Any other resort chains that offer the hop around option?

Thanks!

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
390 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recomendations for Family???

I traveled single but found Iberostar Cancun really fascinating and family oriented, great service, decent food and the kid's club seems to do a good job. and they do have other properties at Cozumel and Rivieria Maya

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recomendations for Family???

Do you know if the Iberostar Cancun allows you to utilize the amenities at the other hotels in Cozumel/Riviera Maya for free if you are visiting for the day? If we chose to go on a day trip to Cozumel could we use the hotel pool/beach and eat there using our Iberostar Cancun wristbands? Hope that makes sense...

Thank you!

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
390 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recomendations for Family???

I'm pretty sure they will let you do that but it doesn't hurt to contact the hotel directly to ask.

Cristian Diaz : callcenter1@iberostar.com.mx +52 984 8772800

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
25,740 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recomendations for Family???

Try the Iberostar complex of 5 hotels at Playa Paraiso, 30 min. drive from Cancun airport........5 hotels of varying price points, only 1 adult only, great facilites, lots to do for all ages....highly TA rated, family oriented...can use other Iberostars also...

Chicago
Level Contributor
621 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recomendations for Family???

I agree Iberostar Lindo is great for families.Nice beach, great pools and good food. We were able to visit other properties the first time we stayed there years ago. Did not explore the option last time. Your travel agent should be able to check for you.

6. Re: Hotel Recomendations for Family???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 08:45