We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best Secrets resort?

New Jersey
6 posts
Save Topic
What is the best Secrets resort?

We are planning on going to Secrets of Excellence resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico in July. But I am still debating about which one of the 3 Secrets resorts is the best? So far it looks like Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya is the best but I know for a fact that they have seaweed on their beach and ocean....

Here are the 3 Secrets resorts:

Secrets Excellence, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Secrets Capri, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Secrets Excellence, Punta Cunta, Carribeans

THanks!

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best Secrets resort?

SERC is awesome. went last July and had the best vacation of my life. There is some seagrass. I'm not an ocean person, so i enjoyed the 7 pools at SERC. Rooms, service, pools, spa, food, everything was beyond words. There is some threads comparing SERC to Capri and Secrets Punta Cana on the Puerto Morelos forum. IMO, you can't go wrong with Secrets Excellence Riviera Maya.

kansas
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best Secrets resort?

I just got back from Excellence and went for a wedding. Another couple stayed at Capri for one night and moved to Excellence. They Capri wasn't as nice and didn't like the atmosphere at all.

Michigan
Level Contributor
333 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best Secrets resort?

Here's a link to reviews from several people who have been to all three.

http://chris-n-cheryl.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/

I've personally been to SEPC and Capri (twice). There are things I like better at each. I've posted a very long review including specific comparisons on the link above.

It's important to note that these resorts are MUCH more similar than they are different. Of the three, SERC has the worst beach but it's the newest with all the bells and whistles. Of the three, Capri is the only one with one-person Jacuzzi's in the room, but it's the smallest and therefore most people say it's the most 'intimate' and personalized. Of the three, SEPC is the only one to win the 'best pool in the Caribbean' award; but it's in the DR where reports of sickness associated with food is higher.

However; in general, you can expect that the service and amenities will be nearly identical at each.

You really can't go wrong with any of them (imho). Let cost and your personal priorities make the decision for you :)

Cheryl :)

New Jersey
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best Secrets resort?

Thanks a lot everyone! :)

Cheryl, I will check out the link that you gave me. :)

delaware
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best Secrets resort?

thanks to cheryl for her awesome links to the secrets excellence, mexico menus.wow. i loved capri and have only heard better things about secrets excellence. only 3 1/2 more months to go.