We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Solaris - what kind of room to book??

Toronto
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Solaris - what kind of room to book??

We are looking at the Royal Solaris, it looks good for our budget!

One trend I have noticed is that many people upgrade when they get there to a "Caribe" room.

Is this room type only available directly through the resort? I do not see it listed on Expedia. And if we wanted to consider this when we got there, what kind of room should we originally book? Lagoon or Oceanview? Is the cost of the upgrade dependant on what kind of room I originally booked?? (I don't want to pay to upgrade twice!)

And other than the nicer room, does the upgrade include access to any other ammenities that we may not have had access to (I see that may have been the case in early 2011, but have not seen anything recently).

Thanks!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Solaris - what kind of room to book??

Anybody??

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Solaris - what kind of room to book??

royal solaris and the caribe, use to be one in the same last year the updated the caribe side. If you stay on the caribe side you get full use of the royal solaris and the caribe . If you just stay at royal solaris you can only use what is on that side. You will get more restruarants to choose from and you will get the quiet pool and hot tubs. The solaris main pool is where the swim up bar is and the entertainment during the day. We have stayed here for years and have always loved it. The pool bar and tequilla volleyball are a blast. I know the caribe side is called somthing else now. Look for grand caribe. They may offer you a upgrade when you get there, If the difference is not a lot I would upgrade.

Florida
Level Contributor
264 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Solaris - what kind of room to book??

Esther is correct, except it's called GR Caribe. You'll see that on Expedia. Not to be confused with Gran Caribe Real which is a different resort. The GR Caribe is more expensive than Royal Solaris. Oceanview vs lagoon view rooms are more expensive in either side. Another sister resort 1/4 mile away is the Gran Royal Solaris. I'd suggest you visit their website for photos/vitual tours. http://www.clubsolaris.com/v4/

Toronto
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Solaris - what kind of room to book??

Thanks!

I see the GR Caribe on their website, but do not see it on Expedia, etc..

Still on the fence, just reading about the Cancun Roulette 5 ( yes, I just figured out it is not an actual resort)....maybe we should take our chances with that?? Only concern I have is that we are traveling with our 5 year old, and I don't know how if the other resorts will be as kid-friendly as the Royal Solaris seems.

If we book Royal Solaris, maybe we will book basic, and upgrade if the price is right when we get there??

Florida
Level Contributor
264 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Solaris - what kind of room to book??

expedia.com/…

If you book the Royal Solaris, then ask for an upgrade to the GR Caribe upon arrival, I think it's $30 more per day. Search on TA for that.

As for whether this resort is the most kid friendly? again search TA. There are lots of very knowledgable folks that can help.

Toronto
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Solaris - what kind of room to book??

Thanks. I was looking at Expedia.ca and coming up empty. I will call them to further inquire.

I do think that Royal Solaris looks good for kids. My concern was that if we went with the Sunquest Roulette we could end up someplace that was "kid friendly" but not overly (minimal activities, ammenities). Don't know if this is a chance I am willing to take.

7. Re: Royal Solaris - what kind of room to book??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 06:47