We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone travelled to Cancun on the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip?

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Anyone travelled to Cancun on the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip?
Save

HI,

I am looking at purchasing the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip. I know that you don't find out what hotel you are staying in until you get to cancun. I am looking for someone who has purchased this, wondering how it was and if this is a truly good deal... or really too good to be true.

Please share!!

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
24 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Anyone travelled to Cancun on the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip?
Save

I was intrigue by your posting, I receiv e-mail from Sunquest on a regular basis. I also visited their website this morning and could not find any information on this "roulette 5" trip program. I would appreciate if you could send me more info. Sunquest is quite a large company and provides quite a few good deal for last minute bookings including Cancun.

omaha, ne
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
6 reviews
62 helpful votes
2. Re: Anyone travelled to Cancun on the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip?
Save

Sounds pretty much just like one of those apple vacation deals.

The companies buy large blocks of reservations to various resorts. When it gets down to the wire, and everybody wants this place instead of that, they have large inventory of one and not the other.

They have to get rid of the inventory, or they lose money, so they push you towards a certain resort. Even they don't know which one they will have overstocked until the last minute.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Anyone travelled to Cancun on the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip?
Save

Yes, that is my understanding of the process. How ever in reading some reviews on Sunquest, some people have had bad expirences with other aspects of the company.

So I am looking for a review on someone that has actually taking the roulette 5 trip to see if they got what they expected. I reviewed all of the 5* hotels they are affiliated with and I am happy with all of the hotels. But you know how some deals seem to good to be true, just tyring to do my hopework!

Thanks for your help!

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Anyone travelled to Cancun on the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip?
Save

Well I just booked as sunquest's deal for no fuel sucharge ends today. Fingers crossed that this deal is as good as it seems! I guess it adds a bit more excitement to our travel.

Wish us luck! Thanks for everyone's replies!

Cantley, Canada
2 posts
5. Re: Anyone travelled to Cancun on the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip?
Save

ok when are you leaving for this trip

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
807 posts
1 review
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Anyone travelled to Cancun on the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip?
Save

We booked for the four-star Roulette (Sunquest) on January 30. It's the first time we've done this sort of thing. Most of the time we plan trips endlessly for months, pay more that we have to and so on. Often they still turn out differently than planned! It's travel after all.

This was a quick decision at a low price, knowing full well that you get what you pay for. I'm really looking forward to it though.

LandofAnne

Edited: 10 years ago
mjd
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
3 helpful votes
7. Re: Anyone travelled to Cancun on the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip?
Save

My wife and I are going on the 5 Star Cancun Roulette... on Jan 22nd

So far it looks like most likely its going to be the RIU Cancun... (just by looking at what the cheapest 5 star Sunquest options are for that day)...

But I'm very interested to see if anyone else has gone on this yet...

I'll update this after we come back... :)

Cantley, Canada
2 posts
8. Re: Anyone travelled to Cancun on the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip?
Save

Please advise when your back as I'm going with Sunquest Roulette 5 leaving February 6 , 2011

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5,766 posts
370 reviews
342 helpful votes
9. Re: Anyone travelled to Cancun on the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip?
Save

can someone advise at what point will sunquest release the name of the hotel then? is it before you leave the states? i can't see them keeping the name a secret until you are in cancun because then where would you go at the airport?

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
61 reviews
250 helpful votes
10. Re: Anyone travelled to Cancun on the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip?
Save

I don't believe they'll tell you until you land. The Sunquest rep will tell you.

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.