We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of Cigarettes

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Price of Cigarettes

Can anyone please tell me on average how much a pack of 20 cigarettes costs in Cancun??

I expect them to be cheaper than the ��5.00 ($9.00 approx) that we pay here in Britain

Boyne City MI
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of Cigarettes

Around $2.50 a pack is what we pay at the resort. At the airport duty free shops they run $18.00 to $22.00 per carton.

Not very fare huh?? We usually stock up on the way home.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of Cigarettes

is ok, found it on another board

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of Cigarettes

sorry i was typing that before i noticed your reply

Iowa
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of Cigarettes

I know Marlboro Menthols were $2.50

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of Cigarettes

I've purchased them at convenience stores for a little under $2.00 a pack, and downtown at WalMart for about $1.75 a pack. My advice would be to pick up a carton at the Duty-Free store at the airport on your way out of town for about $16.00 for a carton (200 cigarettes)

Central America
Level Contributor
339 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Price of Cigarettes

Hubby found a deal at duty free in the airport on Camel Lights

(filtered) $ 32.00 for 40 packs (4 cartons).

THC
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Price of Cigarettes

You can find really good prices at duty free shops on your way out of or into the country. Be Aware however, that they ARE NOT the same cigarettes you buy in the US. Al least the Marlboros are not. Phillip Morris use a lesser grade of tobacco for their exports. We buy them all the time and they are ok, a little harsher than the ones you get in the states but the price is right, just realize what you are buying,

noe
Haslett, Michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Price of Cigarettes

I'm going to Cancun from Michigan and am not sur if we should take cigarettes with us or get them there. They are about $5 a pack in our area for Marlboro Lights. Can we get them at a duty free store at the airport? If so do we get them in Detroit or Cancu?

Central America
Level Contributor
339 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Price of Cigarettes

You can find Marlboro Lights (regular ones in the soft pack, not 100"s) just about anywhere in Cancun. They ARE different than the ones you buy at home - a little harsher.

Someone help me out here, I don't know why I can't remember, but is it true you can't buy duty free inbound, or is it just that the duty free shop isn't accessible from the arrival area - I don't remember!!!!!

Either way, they are readily available most places - Walmart is good.

noe
Haslett, Michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Price of Cigarettes

Do you know if the duty free stores are open 24 hours in most airports? our flight leaves early and we will get a carton there if we can in the middle of the night?