We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code at Moon Palace

southport
Level Contributor
585 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code at Moon Palace

Hi does anybody know what the dress code is in the Moon Palace restaaurants for men, would short trousers be ok,

Thanks Sheila& Chris

Green River Wyoming
Level Contributor
286 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace

Most of the time they just dont want you to have on swimwear. Any other shorts besides board shorts and you'll be ok. Collard shirts, no Tshirts or tank tops and you'll be ok. The dress code is only for the nice restaurants, other then that i had on board shorts / Tshirt / and my flops on.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
984 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace

The only restaurants that requires long pants,close shoes and a collard shirt (or a polo shirt) are :

Los Caporales - Mexican Food (Nizuc Side) Open 6pm to 11pm

Trattoria - Italian Food (Golf Club) Open all day. The Formal dress code it's only for dinner

Momo No Hana - Asian Food (Sunrise Side) Open 5:45pm to 11pm

Hope it helps.

Cheers! =).

Green River Wyoming
Level Contributor
286 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace

You can get in with nice shorts, trust me. Just no board shorts or flip flops, wear a nice shirt and "you'll be in like flint". Get some of those hiker type sandals. We just got back from Beaches in Jamaica and there strick dress code was blown off also by alot of people, be nice with a smile on your face and you'll be just fine. They want you to have a great time so you'll want to come back time after time.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace

for some of the outdoor restaurants - shorts might be ok.

but for the x2 formal spots at the golf course location - I would suggest dressing up a bit

take bus to the "bar in the woods", grab two drinks, the catch the golf cart shuttles

The Italian & Asian places there were over the top !

I suggest going early, to avoid a line, and the moquitoes dining on you.

The Brazilin BBQ is another one I'd suggest long pants and nice sandals too.

southport
Level Contributor
585 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace

Thanks for all your replies, June 13th cant come quick enough

LI NY
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace

We go every May to either Moon or ASP and have seen men turned away and needed long pants.at the Moon restaurants mentioned in previous post.

Why take a chance just bring a pair of Dockers and boat type shoes. We always try and respect the rules for the few restaurants that have a dress code. It makes for a nice atmosphere while dining.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
890 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace

I like to "dress up" for dinner when we are on vacation, it makes it a little more special. I like to wear long gauzy type skirts and cute tops. Husband wears docker type pants and a polo type shirt and closed toe shoes. it's not really dressed up... just kind of.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace

I like to dress up in fancy stuff I would never wear at home or to the office. I like to see my husband look good at the formal Palace restaurants. It's fun! We both work and rarely go out for a night on the town what with the kids and everyday life and all.

Wearing a suit at work is like wearing a uniform, it is stressful to know just the right brand and fit and shoes and tie, etc. I understand that people don't want to do that uniform thing on vacation. At the Palace all you are asked is to wear long pants, a collar and nice shoes to a very few of their fancier restaurants. There are plenty of other places to eat (including your 24 hour room service) if you don't want to minimally groom yourself.

I pack one pair of black pants and one pair of nice looking docker style shoes and a few Hawaiian style collared shirts for my guys. Even the nicest Palace dining is very casual compared to US or European dining.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace

When we were at the Moon this year we asked why all the guys were being let in the restaurants in shorts. They said they were getting so many complaints about having to "dress up" from the guys, that they decided not to enforce it anymore. But I agree with the other posters that it is very nice to get a little dressed up for dinner. I always wear sundresses and hubby wears linen pants and nice shirts. We did notice that people dress alot more casual at nighttime at the Moon than at Aventura Spa Palace. Probably because of being there with their kids. We like the more dress up feel of ASP. The atmosphere when you are dressed up make a difference. And at home, I wouldn't feel as comfortable going out to dinner to Applebees or somewhere like that in my long sundresses, so I take advantage of it when I can.

10. Re: Dress code at Moon Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2010, 09:47