We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotels close to nightlife

Ny, NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
Best hotels close to nightlife

A large group of guys (30's) will be going to cancun in the late summer. We want to be close to the nightlife, but want a nice hotel too. Were all professionals, and don't want dingy rooms, just because the hotel is located well. We definitely want a good beach too. Single girls are an added bonus too.

Were looking for a hotel with a "party" atmosphere, since we will be gathering a lot in our rooms with large groups. We don't want to disturb people who are looking for peace and quiet.

I looked into the riu, but it seems that they don't offer top shelf liquor. I really like the location of the riu cancun, but don't want to drink garbage all day. Is the hyatt regency a good atmosphere?

We would love an all inclusive, but aren't committed to one. We would also like the option of bringing people back to the room, which I know will be a big problem at an all inclusive.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
141 posts
1. Re: Best hotels close to nightlife

I would suggest booking the Riu Palace. It is directly next door to the Riu Cancun. You an stay at the Palace and enjoy nicer rooms, better food, and top shelf liquor, and you can also "party" next door at the Riu Cancun were you are much more likely to find singles

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,417 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Best hotels close to nightlife

Riu Palace Las Americas

Dreams

Riu Cancun

Grand Oasis Viva Beach

Oasis Viva Beach

All Decent to Very Good All Inclusives within walking Distance to the Clubs.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
265 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Best hotels close to nightlife

rui palace las americas is your best bet,great hotel and with the riu cancun next door use there facilities all you want.....fab location,nice rooms and good booze..

Ny, NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
4. Re: Best hotels close to nightlife

What about a non-all inclusive. Any recommendations?

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,417 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Best hotels close to nightlife

What "top shelf" are you looking for? The Rius in room Liquer Dispensers, have Baccardi, Smirnoff, ect. in them.

Ny, NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
6. Re: Best hotels close to nightlife

I plan on mostly drinking tequila anyway. I heard they don't even have don Julio, which is definitely in the lower side if the spectrum. When i stayed at the moon palace the only thing they didn't have was grey goose. The only beer offered was xx, but it was nice and frosty out of a tap.

Oh, and being in the business, I can tell you that baccardi and smirnoff aren't top shelf. Not anymore. The whole spirits industry has completely changed in the past 10 years

Edited: 13 March 2010, 04:37
PDX, Oregon
Level Contributor
617 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Best hotels close to nightlife

Riu Palace Las Americas is a great choice! We leave in 2 days for spring break!!!!

8. Re: Best hotels close to nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 11:46