We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Cancun: Pacha Nightclub

UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Riu Cancun: Pacha Nightclub

What is this like?

stoney creek
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Cancun: Pacha Nightclub

The Pacha nightclub at the Riu Cancun is small. But if you go on a good night it is alot of fun and gets packed. Then when you meet people in the night club you all go to the sports bar which is open 24hours. Plus I thought the D.J. played a good mix of music.

Harrisburg,Pa
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Cancun: Pacha Nightclub

PopTart is right on the money, the club is small, dark and does

get crowded, but we had a lot of fun and the DJ did play a good mix and got everyone up on the dance floor. Take a bottle of

water along, there is no air and it does get hot ! But it was ok

when you wanted to dance and nnot go out to the major clubs.

Atlanta
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Cancun: Pacha Nightclub

I am getting married at the Riu Palace Las Americas in May and we are going to have about 80 people. Our current plan for the reception is to have dinner at the steakhouse and then move to Pacha from 8:30-11pm for a private party (with our own DJ we are bringing). It will then open up to everyone at the resort at 11pm. Do any of you out there think this would be a bad idea (i.e. too small, too dark, etc)? Also, do you know if they allow kids in (under 21)? We'd hate that! Thanks to anyone with any thoughts on this!

philly
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Cancun: Pacha Nightclub

THe drinking age in Mexico is 18, therefore there will be some under 21 people there. We were just there, I think it would be fine for a private party of 80. It's not fancy but there is one large bar when you walk in, a dance floor surrounded by chairs. There are stools against the wall with a shelf, while not real large I think 80 would be fine. There is some walking around room.