We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for calm water in Cancun

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Looking for calm water in Cancun

We have been to the Oasis Viva 2 years ago, and we enjoyed the food and calm water (on a day pass). But the reviews regarding the smelly rooms and food limitations is making me think twice about booking at this hotel. Is there any other all inclusive hotel that has calm water ?

Portsmouth, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen, Akumal
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: Looking for calm water in Cancun

Try the resorts at the top of the "7" Some of the resorts in this area are Dreams, Riu Cancun, anc Riu Palace las Americas.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
448 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Looking for calm water in Cancun

I vote for Riu Caribe they have a great beach area.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Looking for calm water in Cancun

I am returning to Oasis Palm Beach for the first two weeks of August. The hotel is great with 5 restaurants, kids club. Once you arrive for the check-in upgrade your room to a suite with balcony. It cost me an extra $225 last year for two adults and two kids. I guarantee you that you will not be disappointed. The view is magnificient and the balcony is about 20 feet by 20 feet. The ocean is very calm (perfect for kids), the snorkeling is excellent, I managed two get two giant conch shells last year. The Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort is just next door, you can use their infinity pool. The value at the Oasis Palm Beach is very good. Check it out...I have been to Cancun 18 times so far. All the hotels on the first stretch of the beach from downtown is very calm up to the convention Center. After that all the hotels face the ocean and the waves can get pretty big.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
4. Re: Looking for calm water in Cancun

I second the Riu Caribe!!!

Monroe, LA
Level Contributor
51 posts
5. Re: Looking for calm water in Cancun

I'd have to say the Riu Caribe too!

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Looking for calm water in Cancun

Oasis palm beach no thank you.

Elizabethton...
Level Contributor
53 posts
53 reviews
7. Re: Looking for calm water in Cancun

I have to second Dreams Resort & Spa. When we were there, the ocean was almost as calm as a pool. Great Resort!

8. Re: Looking for calm water in Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 10:01