We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice cubes...safe or NO.

Georgia
5 posts
Save Topic
Ice cubes...safe or NO.

I read through twenty pages and found no mention of whether or not it is recommended to have a cocktail served "on the rocks". Apologies if this is a repost.

Also would like to know if any of the clubs or bars stock tequila in a chilled conpartment.

Many thanks...see you 7/08.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
968 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ice cubes...safe or NO.

I NEVER drink anything with ice-cube, unless I really, really. REALLY trust the establishment!!!!!!!!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
968 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ice cubes...safe or NO.

Never do it unless u rally trust the establishment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sherman, tx
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ice cubes...safe or NO.

My husband and I both drank drinks with ice with no problem whatsoever. In fact, out of all the people that I have talked to both at my resort and people that went to other resorts, I have never heard of anyone getting sick from ice. Maybe we all just got lucky. Who knows?

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
519 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ice cubes...safe or NO.

I was told that if the ice had a hole through the center than it was made from purified water. If the ice was a whole cube then stay away... Just look for the hole, all guys are good at that.

Nashville
Level Contributor
328 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ice cubes...safe or NO.

Here is my hubby and my rule on this. If we are at our hotel, we will have mixed drinks that contain ice. If we go off the hotel grounds to eat we only drink bottled beer. So far we have not had any problems.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
721 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ice cubes...safe or NO.

HaysMom-Good one!! ;) I've heard that if the hotels have their own purification system the ice is ok? I would like to enjoy the many different blended drinks while poolside! I can drink beer at home.

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ice cubes...safe or NO.

I'm with sunnybeach -- I've never worried about drinks at the hotel, nor would I worry about them. When you go to little restaurants downtown, then you might want to be a bit more cautious.

My general rule is the Hotel Zone water/ice is safe, downtown is a little sketchy

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
573 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ice cubes...safe or NO.

Have your hep A shot if you plan on drinking things with ice in them. then you should be safe.

Northern California
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ice cubes...safe or NO.

The city of Cancun was the first city in Mexico with the first city-wide modern purification system, much like the ones we're used to in the states...having said that, there are plenty of ways to pass bacteria, viruses, and etc...like shaking hands for example...I've heard that you should be careful of salads also as the lettuce and most fruits and vegetables are washed... also, if you drink a lot and play hard, your immune system probably is not up to snuff...age also has something to do with it...bring some hand sanitizer for sure...

Virginia
Level Contributor
968 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ice cubes...safe or NO.

The ice anywhere in the hotel zone is fine. Don't use ice anywhere else (except resorts with purified water).