We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frontier Airlines Experience

Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
3 helpful votes
Frontier Airlines Experience
Save

Has anyone used Frontier to fly into Cancun? Never used them and wanted feedback. Other airlines for the same timeframe is about $200 more pp even with baggage and seating. thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Frontier Airlines Experience
Save

We usually fly Delta, but using Frontier to fly in for X-mas. It's non-stop from Atlanta so hoping they can't screw that up too bad. Invariably I usually regret going with the cheap option, but it was similar to you in that I think it was an $800 difference ($200 per person). We are flying Delta home.

They can't be as bad as Spirit right???

Indiana
Level Contributor
4,652 posts
70 reviews
175 helpful votes
2. Re: Frontier Airlines Experience
Save

They are about one and the same as Spirit. In fact the CEO is a former Spirit exec.

The only thing I can add ( it seems the OP knows about carry on and checked bag fees) is that unless you are of a particularly small frame , you should fork out for the "stretch seats" The regular seats are only about 28 inch pitch.

Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Frontier Airlines Experience
Save

👍🏼👍🏼

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
77 reviews
107 helpful votes
4. Re: Frontier Airlines Experience
Save

I used Frontier flying into Cancun in 2015, 2019, and 2020 with no issues. Just know going in that you have to pay for bags, seat assignments, etc. Do a little research so you know what you're getting from this budget carrier. The seating is tight. We got such great deals (for example, $170 round trip nonstop) that it was well worth it to us. It is not my carrier of choice if all pricing is equal, but I wouldn't hesitate to use them again if the savings are deep. Good luck!

Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Frontier Airlines Experience
Save

@CARLA - Thanks! yes I already priced it out. its at $360 with the seating and bags. other airlines are $650 and up right now for the same timeframe.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
18 helpful votes
6. Re: Frontier Airlines Experience
Save

No Problem with Frontier, we use them all the rime

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
77 reviews
107 helpful votes
7. Re: Frontier Airlines Experience
Save

Strukie, you're welcome!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
526 posts
5 reviews
6 helpful votes
8. Re: Frontier Airlines Experience
Save

we fly Frontier direct to Vegas all the time, about a four hour flight. i do spring for extra room seating, the regular seating is a bit uncomfortable for a fella 6'2" 200+ lb.

sure it's no frills but the crew is nice. planes are mechanically sound, not old. i don't think they're doing any beverage service during pandemic so think about grabbing a beverage before departure.

we had a chartered flight to Cancun in June and i didnt like the airline nearly as much as Frontier.

Reply to: Frontier Airlines Experience
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.