We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sam's Club, Cancun

Texas
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Sam's Club, Cancun

Is the Sam's Club near the hotel zone, mainly the JW Marriott?

Thanks!

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sam's Club, Cancun

Sam's Club is way downtown--not anywherer near the JW Marriott.

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sam's Club, Cancun

I would suggest taking a cab there, if you plan on going -- It's a good 30 minute ride.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sam's Club, Cancun

Cabs are expensive, if you are going to take one agree on the price before you get in. They have a good bus system. You can ride the bus for 65 cents. Just look for one that has the WalMart sign in the window. Also if you take the bus, you may want to take a suitcase to carry you stuff in on the way back to the hotel, it's much easier than dealing with bags, etc.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sam's Club, Cancun

Yes, downtown, nowhere near the J.W. or Casa Magna Marriott's. You can take the public bus directly there. Take one of your suitcases, that have rollers. They will let you bring it in. And bring a soft cooler in your luggage, for cold stuff. That way, you can insulate your beverages--like milk, beer, whatever is cold, or meats. If you bring a couple of coolers, you can do this better. And take a cab back, so it's faster.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
248 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sam's Club, Cancun

How about Costco? Do they have Costco in downtown? Is it near the Sam's club? Last time I went to Cancun (3 years ago) I only could find the Sams' club. I know that I should help local economy by buying things at local stores but everything is so expensive in Cancun. I must go to Costco and get some water and other neccessities.

Thank you.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sam's Club, Cancun

Yes there is a Costco and it is about a mile from Sam's.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
248 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sam's Club, Cancun

Thanks jimincancun!

I have one more question. Can we get there by bus (the same bus to go to the Sam's club)?

Dayton, NJ
Level Contributor
481 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sam's Club, Cancun

i just got back and went to Sam's Club. It is right next door to Wal Mart. There was not much of a selection there, and do you really need to buy bulk items? I found Wal Mart had more of what I needed. We dragged all our packages on the bus. Just don't come back around 2:30 when the buses are full of students.

south carolina
Level Contributor
478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sam's Club, Cancun

Not close by thats why i rented a car help me get around and i sure did. Went downtown everyday at least twice. They do have buses going there too. I just love the convience of a car