We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain, Rain, Rain

mississippi
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rain, Rain, Rain

Hi! Leaving next week for Cancun and I just checked out the forcast and it is a 60% chance of rain everyday. Why does it rain so much in Cancun? Has anyone thought of going somewhere different. We went in November and it rained everyday and ruined our trip and now I am scared this trip will be ruined too. Any weather people out there? Thanks

Shawnee, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain, Rain, Rain

eclares,

Did it rain all day when you were there in November? Other posts have stated that rain is usually brief. Good luck and have fun.

Biloxi, Mississippi
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain, Rain, Rain

When we went to Cancun last year, the weather forcast called for a 60% chance of rain everyday. It was wrong. It was hot, and sunny everyday. There was one brief shower late one night , other than that it was beautiful. I wouldn't worry, just go have fun.

Biloxi, Mississippi
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain, Rain, Rain

Forgot to say we went in June and we are headed back to Cancun in 3 weeks. Can't wait!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
506 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain, Rain, Rain

I think forecasters are always calling for 60% rain I was their 2 weeks ago and of course 60 % rain was in the forecast all week and we only got 5 minutes in 9 days

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
429 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain, Rain, Rain

I believe Cancun boasts about it's 240 days of sunshine per year with very little rain. We have been there 3 yrs in a row all in April and no rain. I wonder when those 125 remaining days of rain are.

Bardonia new york
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain, Rain, Rain

Hi Eclares...we were also there in Nov and it sure was awful...this is not the first time it has happened to us but it was the longest 18 out of 21 days non-stop with winds...terrible...my timeshare contract is up and I was never so happy in my life...we are finished with Cancun...we now go to Puerto Val;larta in Feburary...gorgous and cheaper.....

Marske-by-the-sea...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain, Rain, Rain

My friend just got back last week from 2 weeks in Cancun and I had been checking the forecast while she was there and it said rain and thunderstorms everyday. She said it rained once for about 10 mins. I go tomorrow to Playacar!!!!

Marske-by-the-sea...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain, Rain, Rain

Look at this forum :- Weather, Yikes - it was left yesterday

It should put your mind at rest!!!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
385 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain, Rain, Rain

I checked the weather out also and it does not call for less than 60% for next 10 days. Hopefully these are quick showers.

Or does it rain mainly at night after humidity build up?

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain, Rain, Rain

It has rained 5 days in a row here, with 4 more days expecting rain. Perfect weather to to leave in a few days and spend a week in paradise.....hot and sunny as usual. Can't wait. Don't look at weather forcasts. I never look, unless its hurricane season.