We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So, what does 100% humidity actually feel like?

Level Contributor
858 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
So, what does 100% humidity actually feel like?

Hear the humidity in June/July will be unreal but, what does it mean, will our clothes actually ever dry??

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So, what does 100% humidity actually feel like?

Sure, there will be a breeze at certain times of day ... depending.

100% humidity feels like walking around in cotton batten that's been soaked in water the temperature of your shower.

You wake in the morning (no AC) and sit there wondering if you should twitch your leg because you know, if you do, you will break a daylong sweat.

But, then you jump in the pool or the ocean and run around letting evaporation chill you down a bit. Then you eat some nice habanero salsa and make your skull sweat, and that's another good evaporative cooler.

It will be fine!

Pueblo West...
Level Contributor
380 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So, what does 100% humidity actually feel like?

Yes, you will survive! Lots of water & A/C! You will just be a little sticky all the time!

Level Contributor
4,532 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So, what does 100% humidity actually feel like?

As you'll be putting lotion on a lot due to the sunny days, you will not feel dry. It's great..

That's why there's hair dryers, to dry off a bit before you pack to go home.

Fuzzy hair,, well lots of waves.

Wear light cotton / gauze.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: So, what does 100% humidity actually feel like?

It feels like walking into a steam bath set on high and having to stay in it 24 hours a day!

Actually if the humidity is 100% it would be raining!

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,784 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So, what does 100% humidity actually feel like?

It means it's time to dive or snorkel....stay away from the

jungle and the ruin sites, the heat will be oppressive beyond

belief for anyone venturing in for the first time. And, the bugs

will be gathering body bags for the tourists they're planning to

take back home to the nests. Best bet is to find a palapa w/

a good waiter by the Carribean breeze and relax in the shade.

And, don't look for the locals during the afternoon hours, they

disappear quicker than your money when the heat cranks up.

It'll be like visiting Paradise Lost.

St. Louis, MO USA
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So, what does 100% humidity actually feel like?

Like breathing mud : )

Mississippi
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: So, what does 100% humidity actually feel like?

Having lived in the south all my life, humidity is just a way of life. You folks north of the Mason Dixon line decribed it very well though. The air feels thick, you get covered in sweat soon after being outdoors with no activity involved. You just walk outside and you sweat. Its like walking in your bathroom while someone is taking a hot shower, except you can't see the steam, but you can surely feel it. Take precautions especially if the temp is up around 95-100 and humidity is high, by drinking lots of fluids. Water, water, water! Softdrinks are not good for that with all the sugar and caffiene. Sports drinks are good though. Whatever you decide, if you are planning to be active in high temps and high humidity, drink something before you start to have it in your system. Much better to prevent than try to replentish after you start suffering from cramps or other heat related illness. Just some advise from a souhern boy who survived 2 a day footall practices in Mississippi, in August 100+_ degrees high humidity and lived to tell about it.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So, what does 100% humidity actually feel like?

You won't have to worry about dry skin. As long as you accept the fact that it is hot and you might sweat and don't let that bother you it will be no problem. I have been down there the last two July's and had no problem. Bars can get pretty hot though.

Barrie, Ontario...
Level Contributor
521 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So, what does 100% humidity actually feel like?

Oh boy~ My hair will be a frizzy mess! (I know, I know~ bigger things in life to worry about than THAT~ but hey, I'm female :)

Mississippi
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: So, what does 100% humidity actually feel like?

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Humidity will surely make you have a BAD HAIR DAY. Wear a cap.