We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for non all-inclusive resorts

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
235 posts
16 reviews
Recommendations for non all-inclusive resorts

Hello!

My husband and I are travelling to Cancun in January and would like to stay in the heart of the shopping and dining district. We are not drinkers and are picky health minded eaters so an all inclusive doesn't suit us. We would rather have something with a small kitchenette. We want to be oceanfront and spend under $500/night. There are so many hotels to choose from, I would love some person to person recommendations--why I love the forums. Thanks in advance!

Fendi Boutique
Gift & Speciality Shops
Boutique Cartier
Gift & Speciality Shops
4 replies to this topic
PA
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
1. Re: Recommendations for non all-inclusive resorts

Try Royal Islander..U can get a 1-bdrm with full kitchen; fridge, coffee maker, oven, stove, micro, plates, silverware, etc. Living room with sofa, chairs, tv, etc...U can get oceanfront. Property is on a great beach area...Couple restaurants on premise..Free shuttle to sister properties..

Not in the heart of shopping, but cabs and busses are available at anytime

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
24 posts
2. Re: Recommendations for non all-inclusive resorts

The Westin Lagunamar is actually cheaper than AI because you will have a full kitchen and can prepare your own meals for a fraction of what restaurants and AI charge. Simply stock up at WalMart or Cotsco the day you arrive. Also there are plenty of cheap restaurants near Lagunamar in the Isla mall and elsewhere down the street. This place is located in the heart of the shopping and dinning district.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
416 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Recommendations for non all-inclusive resorts

Westin Lagunamar is exactly what you’re looking for. Right in the middle of the main shopping area, and very close to most of the best restaurants. Plus the Westin brand restaurants have “superfood” menus that tend to be healthier options than most other. Highly recommend it!!

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
235 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Recommendations for non all-inclusive resorts

We were looking at the Westin. It looks there are two Westin's.....one is Lagunamar and the other is just a regular Westin further down the coast away from the main shopping area. Is that right? It was confusing when we were trying to pull up rates because I think the two sites are linked somehow being they're both Cancun Westin properties.

Reply to: Recommendations for non all-inclusive resorts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted