We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts

chicago
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts

Coming down for our 30 anniversary looking at Royal hideaway, eldorado royal, valentine, want ocean view , great pool and great food what do you suggest?

3 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37,784 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts

Live Aqua, Hyatt Zilara, Le Blanc (#1 rated)

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
25,474 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts

No ocean views at the VIM unless you're in an Emerald room and even then your view may be obscured by vegetation (more likely on the ground floor but still possible even if you're on the top [second] floor).

Edited: 08 August 2018, 09:50
Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,639 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts

Very very limited oceanview rooms at Royal Hideway as it is several villas in rows. The only ones with ocean views are the first ones and those are either very very expensive or you might get one if you a frequent visitor it seems. We enjoyed our trip there but no ocean view. We had asked to be close to the ocean but ended up close to the lobby building. Nice garden views but I missed my ocean views for sure. Perhaps you have already proved the oceanview rooms there.

Not sure about El Dorado. Beach isn’t great as I recall but I haven’t stayed there. Be aware that at some resorts oceanviews may only be a small view of the ocean or barely one at all. Oceanfront tends to give you a better ocean view but even then read reviews. Some of those can be blocked by trees.

We love Live Aqua for its gorgeous oceanviews on a lovely beach with lots of greenery. Their oceanviews have great clear views of the ocean. The food is excellent and the pools run right along the ocean. Love that swim up pool is separate from the others.

Resorts along the stem of the 7 in the hotel zone will give you great oceanviews.

If oceanviews are impt to you it is great that you are researching!

Edited: 08 August 2018, 15:32
Reply to: Resorts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted