We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Caribe

Katowice, Poland
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Caribe

Has anyone stayed in Riu Caribe?

5 replies to this topic
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Caribe

Stayed there twice . For its price point its a good choice . I love the RIU brand . We just left the RIU Palace Peninsula and am already planning another return trip . I would consider it if its in your budget .

sig
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,585 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Caribe

If you can swing it go to Riu Palace Peninsula. You can use all the facilities of Riu Caribe. I stayed their twice this year and for me is one of the best hotel in Cancun and great location.

Edited: 08 August 2018, 02:14
Va
Level Contributor
12,009 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Caribe

Yes. Are you taking a pole of TA members that have stayed there?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Caribe

Love RIU brands! For all-inclusive resorts that’s the best value. Good for kids also

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
739 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Caribe

Agree with the posts above -- check the price of both the Caribe, and the Palace Peninsula --- and if the Palace isn't a lot more - stay there. You can still use everything at the Caribe then, but the upgrade is worth it, in terms of just a nicer place, better food and booze quality, and service.

That is what we did, when we stayed at RIU Palace Las Americas -- we were still able to use the facilities at RIU Cancun. (we could have also visited Caribe and Peninsula - a walk down the beach, or a bus ride) If you stay in a RIU Palace, you can visit all other RIU's --- if you stay in a regular RIU, you can visit other RIU's -- but not the Palaces.

We haven't booked our winter trip yet - still waiting for our group to come up with dates and budgets, but we are looking at the RIU's in Playa. So if RIU Palace Mexico isn't much more than RIU Yucatan, that's what we'll do.

Oh - and I have stayed at the Caribe. It was before the Peninsula was built. We enjoyed it very much. RIU resorts are a good, solid middle of the road choice. Basically they have everything you need and then some, and decent service. You can do better - but you'll pay for it. You can do worse - but you'll feel it.

Reply to: Riu Caribe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted