We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for young couples on hotel mile?

Broad Brook...
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for young couples on hotel mile?

Hello!

My husband and I (30 & 31 y/o) are looking to stay in Cancun in November for a getaway.

Preferences would be:

-Shuttle to/from airport

-All Inclusive

-On the main hotel strip in Cancun

-Beach access with loungers/shade available

-Larger pools with at least one swim up bar

-Clean/Comfortable rooms with room service included

-Variety of restaurants/bars

We like to go out, but not necessarily into the 'club' scene.

There are just so many hotel options and I can't make a decision.

So, I'd like to hear your advice!

Some of the hotels I've been looking at:

-Royal Service at Paradisus Cancun

-Riu Palace Las Americas

-Secrets the Vine

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

10 replies to this topic
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
7,854 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for young couples on hotel mile?

Victoria K,

Welcome to TA. Good on you to come here to the TA forum *before* your trip asking such questions rather than just afterwards complaining about some aspect of your trip that wasn't up to par.

Now to begin, I am not familiar with "hotel mile" in regards to Cancun; in fact I have never heard that reference to anywhere in Mexico that I have traveled. The Hotel Zone in Cancun is an island in the shape of a '7', is how most people refer to Cancun's Hotel Zone.

Might I suggest you consider visiting Mapchick's website:

www.cancunmap.com

She (Laura) and her husband Perry have put together countless hours of research to come of with the travel guides referred to on her website. No paid shills there either; she & her husband have personally visited the properties, eaten at the restaurants, etc. in order to compile her data. Now to be sure, her travel guides are in map form, but they are chocked full of insider advice so that you will hit the ground running like you are a frequent traveler to the area. Also pouring over her travel guides in eager anticipation of your trip is a wonderful activity in and of itself! Plus Mapchick's guides are worth their weight in gold.

If you access this webpage on a regular laptop, tablet, or Ipad (NOT your phone), you will see a list to the upper right with ground transportation options. Private transfer would include such recommended companies as USA Transfer, Canada Transfer, CARM amongst others. Shared transfer is available for a lower cost, but you have to understand you have no way of knowing whether you will be the first or last stop, as it all depends on the hotels / resorts selected by others on your bus/van. However shared transportation is about half the cost of private transportation, so there is that to consider.

Hope this helps, safe travels.

¡Diviértanse!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for young couples on hotel mile?

Easy answer for me on your list. . You guys want the up beat, trendy energetic, party atmosphere pick Secrets the Vine.

If you guys want the larger pool / property with more of a chill out atmosphere,pick the Paradisus .

In summary. Both are nice place with the same beach. Hard to go wrong with either, just depends on the atmosphere you desire...

Edited: 07 August 2018, 04:03
Broad Brook...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for young couples on hotel mile?

Must be a Connecticut thing! I’ve had a few people reference it as “hotel mile” talking about the hotel zone! Good to know!

I’ll have to check out there site! Sounds like the thing I need! There’s just so many options!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for young couples on hotel mile?

Here you go. Yes, they are in the hotel zone. Specifically, about half way up the north south run of the "7." AS the hotel zone is shaped like the #7 if you look at ti on a map. The beach is better on the north south run than on the top of the "7".

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g15…

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g15…

Edited: 07 August 2018, 04:16
Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for young couples on hotel mile?

There are several adult only hotels in the Cancun hotel zone. It is shaped like the number 7 with the long long white walking beach on the stem. The top of the 7 has smaller beach areas and can be a bit calmer. The most beautiful colored water is along the stem and the further you go up the top of the 7 the color is still nice but not the same. YOu can book a package that includes transportation or book your own on line such as Canada Transfers or USA Transfers....these are private and reasonable.

RPLA is on the top of the 7....smaller beach area but nice. Should be cheaper than Secrets. There is a swim up bar here. Riu Cancun is right next door and you would have access to it and it is lively (has kids though). If at a Palace level Riu you can visit all of the Riu hotels.

Secrets the Vine is a nice property. It is a high rise on a small footprint but they made good use of the limited space they had. There is no swim up pool here if this is impt to you. They do deliver drinks everywhere though. I thought the food was good and service was fine. It was not super lively when we went. Mostly honeymooners but this can change day to day and week to week at any resort so no worries. It is not a party hotel at all. They have some entertainment similar to the other resorts. But there are clubs etc not far away so if wanting something livelier no worries. There is enough going on there to keep you happy and if you meet some fun people you will have lots of fun.

I haven't stayed at the Paradisus. It is a much larger/longer property. Of course there are kids there though maybe not too bad in Nov as long as you aren't going for Thanksgiving. Royal service will give you an adult building and pool but many of the restaurants will have kids so keep that in mind.

Live Aqua is a lovely property. It has a swim up bar in a separate pool so you can have lively when you want it or go to the other pools where it is more laid back. Tons of chairs with umbrellas on beach. Some bali beds as well for all and cabanas can be rented or come with a suite. Great food options here! Lots of greenery which is not common right in Cancun. Huge long and wide beach area with a beach bar. No crazy games at the pool but they do have yoga, volleyball, water exercise, tequila tasting, Spanish lessons....the usual stuff. They have live music most nights plus the bar on the lobby floor which is fun with the right crowd. It isn't a party resort but really nice. My daughter and her boyfriend (30) really enjoy their visits there. There is a huge outdoor mall across the street. Great location.

Hyatt Zilara is another adult only resort on the stem of the 7 on a very nice beach. It has a swim up bar. It has more traditional decor.

Sun Palace is another spot closer to the airport. The pools are small but there is a swim up pool. It is a small resort on a great beach. With the right crowd you can have lots of fun. You would need to take a bus or taxi to shopping etc.

None are super lively but you can have a great time at any. Breathless in Puerto Morelos is a modern resort that caters to more of a lively crowd. But it is not right in Cancun. The beach is so so. Not close to anything but lots to do there.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
571 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for young couples on hotel mile?

I would look at Hard Rock Cancun. Of the things you've listed, it has:

-all inclusive

-on main hotel strip in Cancun

-beach access with loungers/umbrellas

-2 swimup bars

-clean/comfortable rooms with room service included

-I believe 7-ish restaurants

I'm pretty picky hotel wise and this was the hotel I felt was the best pick for me when I did my research. A little more than I planned on spending but don't regret it for a second. I had a few friends who visited Cancun within a year of my trip, and each came back unhappy with a hotel they picked because they got some type of deal on Priceline, Expedia etc. Hearing feedback from other people about their hotels made me happier I spent the extra money for a great hotel.

It's not an adults only but there aren't a ton of kids. I arranged my shuttle service to/from airport through Amstar (who AAA recommended) and had no issues. If you book transfers through their site it's not outrageous, cost wise. We didn't go out a ton as there was a lot to do at the hotel, but it's on the bus route to the area with a lot of the bars/clubs so that was easy and affordable. There are also a lot of excursions available to book through the hotel (and a nice spa) and all of those were included to use with the resort credit I got when I booked.

7. Re: Hotel for young couples on hotel mile?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2018, 00:14

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for young couples on hotel mile?

Why is every one of your posts about mexvax word per word the same? Perhaps you work for them? That's against TA rules.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
7,854 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for young couples on hotel mile?

Victoria K,

The 'Hotel Zone' in Cancun (which is in the shape of a '7' as almost everyone has noted) begins at Km 4 and runs until Km 22 (although the Hotels / Resorts stop about 20.5); so that would be ~ 18 Km or about 11.2 miles...... that is one LONG hotel mile!! (jk) ;-)

¡Diviértanse!

Villa Ridge...
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for young couples on hotel mile?

Check out Riu Palace Peninsula. They have an adult only section, with it's own pool, and drink server. There is a swim up bar in the main pool, but we only went there once, very early, because it is quite a walk to the bathroom, and I'm sure not everyone is making the trek as often as they should! We had a ground floor villa so it was steps from the pool to our room. Service is amazing, food was great.

Reply to: Hotel for young couples on hotel mile?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted