We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day passes for a wedding

Lombard, Illinois
1 post
1 review
day passes for a wedding

We are staying in cancun for a wedding at the grand moon palace, we are staying at our time share which is not the grand moon and a whole lot cheaper.... how much will we have to pay to attend the wedding at the grand moon?

11 replies to this topic
Westlock, Canada
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
1 review
1. Re: day passes for a wedding

I believe it is somewhere in the range of $200 us per person last time I saw the sheet

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: day passes for a wedding

Good question. 🤔. I wander if they would allow you to attend the wedding? without paying an entire day fee?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,075 posts
157 reviews
3. Re: day passes for a wedding

Agree, a good question. But the few have been familiar with, do charge the full day pass price if attending a wedding. No idea at the Moon Palace.

Westlock, Canada
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
1 review
4. Re: day passes for a wedding

I've never seen a wedding that allowed you to pay a different day pass rate. I've done many, many weddings in Mexico. I'd be surprised, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Westlock, Canada
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
1 review
5. Re: day passes for a wedding

On top of that, the wedding couple will still have to pay for you to attend their wedding (if they are having a separate dinner that they are paying by the plate for the dinner).

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
25,628 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: day passes for a wedding

At the risk of stating the obvious, if the rest of the wedding party are staying at the Moon Palace and you're not, you'll also miss out on any and all pre and post wedding events and get-togethers ..... or maybe that's exactly why you *don't* want to stay at the Moon Palace!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,842 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: day passes for a wedding

Not necessarily sunloverg09.

We are staying at Hard Rock and attending a wedding at FAC this Friday. Did not cost us a dime or the people getting married to have us added to their "wedding party." Matter of fact they have transportation lined up to pick us up and take us back to HRC.

I, we have also attended 2 other wedding at other resorts that all the bride or groom just had to have us added to the list.

In summary, t will depend on resort policy as well as what wedding pkg they paid for. My advise to you is to ask the bride or groom what it will cost you or them to have you attend. . . If they need to contact their wedding coordinator to get a answer they will. Because, every resort will vary on the rules they have.

Edited: 07 August 2018, 03:55
Westlock, Canada
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
1 review
8. Re: day passes for a wedding

They will all vary, but true AI resorts that dont' have non AI as an option are very different. I've done many AI weddings in the mayan. The people coming over from the other palace resorts have to pay to use the grand even ($200 US but they can use their palace credits). And if they have a dinner option with the wedding they are paying for all their guests extra for the private dinner, they will also have to add them to that list. The day pass will only give them access to the resort.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,842 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: day passes for a wedding

Yes sunlover all of our weddings weve attended have been true AI resorts. I cant comment on EP resorts.

United States
Level Contributor
364 posts
36 reviews
10. Re: day passes for a wedding

I would imaginesunloverg09 that your hosts are paying your guest fee so it doesn't cost you a dime. We are planning a destination wedding and the majority of places we looked at so far charge a guest fee for those not staying at the hotel. However if our guests weren't staying at the hotel we selected, I certainly wouldn't expect them to pick up that cost - I would cover that and they probably wouldn't even realize that cost was there. The way I look at it, the only guest who probably won't stay at the hotel we select would be looking for a less expensive option and those folks are the ones I would least want to sock with a fee to attend. We are just in the beginning planning stages but I think I would rather help pay for our guests rooms so they could afford to stay at our same resort then pay a day pass fee.

Reply to: day passes for a wedding
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted