We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Moon Palace : Yellow Transfers

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Airport to Moon Palace : Yellow Transfers

We have pre-booked a transfer to and from the airport to Moon Palace via Expedia.

The confirmation seems to be from YELLOW TRANSFERS.

From looking at online reviews they look 'unreliable'

Has anyone had experience with this company and able to recommend them (or not).

Is it possible to just get a taxi when we land? We arrive about 9pm at night with 2 small kids, so don't want to be messing around trying to get to the hotel.

Thanks everyone

14 replies to this topic
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,624 posts
159 reviews
1. Re: Airport to Moon Palace : Yellow Transfers

Local taxis are not allowed to pick up at the airport. Airport gives a confession to one company for taxi service and I believe that is Yellow at the time. Can't tell you about their service but I'm always suspicious of anything sold by a third party such as Expedia.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,688 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Airport to Moon Palace : Yellow Transfers

Cancel the Expedia transfer and reserve directly. Using a third party usually costs a lot more.

Two of many:

canadatransfers.com

usa-transfers.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Airport to Moon Palace : Yellow Transfers

Thanks. The Expedia price is cheaper than both those suggestions, so I'm OK with booking via them.

More interested in the actual company we're using.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 20:07
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,688 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Airport to Moon Palace : Yellow Transfers

I doubt that it is cheaper unless it is a shared transfer. Do as you wish.

What did you pay total fo0r the Expedia transfer and what do you think it is for Canadatransfers....total?

Edited: 06 August 2018, 20:22
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,688 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Airport to Moon Palace : Yellow Transfers

Canadatransfers is $54.31 USD plus tax total for four people. Round trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Airport to Moon Palace : Yellow Transfers

Expedia cost me £33 return (inc tax) for four people - private transfer, so it is actually a little cheaper.

Do you have any experience with Yellow Transfers?

Curious why the massive push for the other companies?

Edited: 07 August 2018, 13:38
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
25,860 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Airport to Moon Palace : Yellow Transfers

Yellow transfers have a reputation for not showing up for the return leg of your round trip, which you will have pre paid for. The reason the other companies are recommended is because they are reliable.

You've asked the question and two well respected forum members and I have all given you the same advice - cancel the Expedia transfer and book directly with a recommended company. Or don't;it's your choice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Airport to Moon Palace : Yellow Transfers

Thank you.

Just to be clear, I asked about experience with yellow transfers, which you are the first person to directly respond to.

Despite them apparently being 'respected forum members' they didn't answer my question and only supplied details on the cost of competitors.

Their advice was to cancel as it would be more expensive, which it isn't.

I'm not interested in cost, I'm interested in if the company I have booked with is any good.

Thank you for letting me know of the reputation of yellow transfers as this is what I was looking for.

I will cancel based on that and book on the recommended companies, despite it being more expensive.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Airport to Moon Palace : Yellow Transfers

just come across this post, and found it very useful. I too have booked via expedia with a company called supershuttle which happens to be another name for Yellow Transfers.

Cancelled my booking and will look for another transfer tonight.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Airport to Moon Palace : Yellow Transfers

I have cancelled my Expedia booking, and gone with Canada Transfers (thanks everyone here).

While the new option was more expensive, if I had to pay (again) for the return leg if I used Yellow Transfers, then I'm probably going to break even.

I booked online in minutes and have all confirmations etc in place instantly, via email.

Seems pretty decent and their reviews look top draw. (We're coming form the UK)

I did also drop Expedia a note explaining they should probably consider which suppliers they use, given this one in particular has shocking reviews.

Reply to: Airport to Moon Palace : Yellow Transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted