We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Cancun Family room question

Scranton...
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus Cancun Family room question

Heading to the Paradisus in November, (family of 4 with boys ages 10 and 13)and are booked into a Family Concierge Suite.

What size/type of beds are there in the Family Concierge Suite (not the junior family concierge suite -but the larger 60m suite).

Photos show a pullout in the adjoining separate room and 2 beds in the other side (master side?), while description states one king bed instead of the two in photo. Is this a choice upon booking or arrival? Also, I have read some rooms are updated, and some are not - does anyone know which buildings/pyramids have the Family Concierge Suites and are they updated?

THANKS

Mentioned in this post
Family Concierge at Paradisus by Melia La Esmeralda
Family Concierge at...
244 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
6 replies to this topic
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Cancun Family room question

For those questions you should call the hotel directly. And pre request a remodeled room. Sometimes hotels have different configurations for the same type if rooms and where one person stayed may not be like the one you will be staying. Right now we are staying in a one bedroom suite much different than the one bedroom suite we usually stay in the dame hotel.

denver,co
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Cancun Family room question

We are at the Paradisus now. Room 3005. It's a beautiful upgraded family concierge suite without the family concierge upgrade cost. Ocean view. Perfect. We backed out of the family concierge. $540? No thanks. Never a problem making dinner reservations. Never needed a bed by the beach. Too hot anyway. Like to be in the water. The little family concierge isn't worth it. Premium drinks all over. Tip well, and you don't need royal service. Just my 2 cents.

denver,co
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus Cancun Family room question

Forgot to ad. We got the king bed by mistake. The room was updated beautiful. They brought us another bed free. Plenty of space.

Villa Ridge...
Level Contributor
101 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus Cancun Family room question

derek, thoughts on Paradisus vs RPP?

denver,co
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus Cancun Family room question

RIU Peninsula 100x better. Not to talk bad about Paradisus. Well kinda. The location is way better at the Peninsula. No seaweed really at all. Food night and day better. Service was a lot better too. The Paradisus was a pain in the butt time share place. They made me check in at the back. A lady that i thought was checking me in, sat myself and 2 daughters at a table and told me about all this money I can save on all these tours if I went to a nice breakfast in the morning. Lol. Don't fall for it. I talked to a family that day at the pool, they say they want $1400 a year plus $250 a month(no air, no all inclusive). (Why would u?) I spent less than $4000 for all 3 of us. It was time share crap. Stay away. She called my phone and woke me up the next 24 hours. Message me for details if you wanna. RIU is way better. No pressure, great food, great service. No time share garbage. Wish they would let people just have fun in Cancun. Be up front if you are a time share place. Gonna stay with RIU for now on

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Palace Peninsula
Hotel Riu Palace...
5,798 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Villa Ridge...
Level Contributor
101 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus Cancun Family room question

Thanks Derek, we loved the RPP, and the people we talked to at the pool all said it was their favorite, think we'll stick with it!

Reply to: Paradisus Cancun Family room question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted