We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving to Cancun

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Arriving to Cancun

Hello all. I will be traveling to Cancun in about two weeks. I will arrive at terminal 3, but I am meeting up with someone that is arriving at terminal 2. I would prefer to meet them there. I understand there is a shuttle, where is it located exactly? If I decided to walk instead is it very far? I know I can't go inside terminal 2, but is it okay for me to wait outside? Our flights are only an hour apart. Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
4 posts
1. Re: Arriving to Cancun

I'd also love to hear any recent instructions or details for walking from T3 -> T2!

I'm in a similar situation in September -- my travel group is all arriving within an hour of each other, and the T3 arrivees need to make their way to T2 to meet the us and the pre-arranged transfer.

I searched and found some info in Part 5 here, but it states the route might be outdated since "security fencing" was installed: http://home.pcisys.net/~ronlee/Scuba/Cozumel/Aug2001/CancunCozumel.htm

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Arriving to Cancun

I have just arrived back from Cancun. There is a shuttle that will take you from terminal 3 arrival area to the terminal 2 departures area, however I've read you can't just walk over to the arrival area (although I haven't confirmed this personally). I think the best solution is to either have two different transfers and then rendezvous at your hotel, or contact your transfer and let them know your situation. They should be able to drive to each terminal.

4 posts
3. Re: Arriving to Cancun

Thanks Kevin! Appreciate the follow up information and hope you had a great trip :)

4 posts
4. Re: Arriving to Cancun

I just returned from my trip, and thought I'd share the information for anyone searching in the future:

My travel companions arrived into Terminal 3 and needed to meet me in Terminal 2. They followed Google Maps walking instructions and said it was a straightforward <10min walk to meet me at Terminal 2 Departures (compared to waiting 30+ min for the next shuttle!). Once we'd all gathered, there is a manned gate between the T2 Departures and Arrivals areas. We showed them our Canada Transfers confirmation and they happily let us into the Arrivals area, where we met our driver/greeter.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: Arriving to Cancun

Thanks for this follow up information. People are often asking about meeting others at different terminals!!

Reply to: Arriving to Cancun
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted